We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Runaway Bay

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jewel Runaway Bay

I am planning a family trip for 11; 3 grandparents, 3 adults and 4 children, ages 5, 7, 10 and 17, probably late summer. I read a lot of positive and some negative reviews (Can't please everybody I know) but overall seems like a good resort with plenty of activites. How would you rate the food and is the airport transfer included? We would likely fill the bus LOL. All the help is aprreciated for somene who has been in Jamaica in early August. Thanks for all the help.

Orillia Ontario
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay

The airport transfer is included. I was there last year in July and we had a great time. Food was amazing as usual with a selection to meet everybody's needs. It is warm at this time of year but you are either in the pool or the sea. My husband golfed early in the morning and I played tennis and then spent the latter part of the morning and rest of the day at the pool or beach. There are great activities and just a warning that you might not see your kids too much. They will love the kids club so much they will want to be with their new friends most of the time.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
887 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay

some people talk about hiring a private transfer but I enjoy the included transfer. Every vehicle I have traveled to and from the airport in Jamaica has been clean and had good A/C. i always felt safe and most of the time the transfer is like getting a free tour included with your package as most have on board guides who talk talk talk the entire trip from the airport to the hotel. Love that! We learn so much from these guys, and tip them as well, of course. You will wait for it to fill and leave but relax, you are on vacation. Also, you will leave many hours prior to your flight time but be assured that most of the time you will need that extra time in the airport for check in, security, etc.

JRB food was memorable. I loved everything I ate, and was able to try many Jamaican specialties. My 6yo daughter mentions the food once in a while, months after our return. I am not a buffet person but found the buffet at JRB quite enjoyable and offered some of the best dishes I have had while on vacation. the beach grill for lunch is also tasty, although since everything is cooked to order it will be a few minute wait. Place the order and walk to the bar and get a cocktail. Mmmm, can't wait to go back!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay

If you would like reassurance about the transfer (like I did), go to the Jewel Runaway Bay website and on the bottom right corner in blue, you'll see Quicklinks and then FAQ. The transfer procedure is explained. It also addresses many questions you may not have thought of yet.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay

Thank you to all. Looks like the place for us.

5. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 06:19