We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JPC upgrades

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
JPC upgrades

Is it possible to upgrade to a higher room category once at the resort?

We are booked in a poolview room and would like to upgrade to oceanview.

Does anyone know if this is possible and what the cost might be?

thx....gigi

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JPC upgrades

A Wise man on Trip Advisor once said (actually more than once) "book the room category you really want". The main reason is that by time you arrive, the upgrade category you want may be full. I would go back to your booking agent or contact whomever you booked with and try to upgrade now.

If your willing to take a chance on availability, I'm pretty sure for a price they will upgrade you if rooms are available.

Enjoy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
290 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JPC upgrades

Agreed that if a certain room category is really important then book it, however, if its just an added bonus then waiting til you arrive can sometimes save you quite a bit of money. We have found upgrades at some resorts to be available, if there is room, for no cost at all or a small upgrade fee. At JPC, at least from our Canadian operators, the difference in pricing from one level room to another was quite high, and in reality not worth the difference to me for the oceanview that I covet. I will take my change to upgrade upon arrival and if I can't then the room I booked will do just fine.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JPC upgrades

Thanks for your insights.

We actually booked poolview because the premier categories were unavailable and we didn't want to pay the tour operator's price for oceanview. We are unsure of where and what this category really is or if we'll be ok. We just don't want to be above the entertainment/disco. Sadly, I'm "map challenged" so I can't quite figure out the location using the resort map. Are these rooms surrounding the pool towards the back of the property or closer to the beach? Where are the premier rooms? More importantly, where's the disco??? Sorry for so many questions!

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JPC upgrades

None of the rooms are close enough to the disco to be of any consequence. We are currently in the premier ( basic room) overlooking the emerald lagoon pool and bar . Room is fine but view from balcony is of three other buildings all facing inward in a square quad formation. Strange design.. Don't know what the original designers were thinking but it's close to everything, Wouldn't be my first choice if I really valued a view but I don't come down here to sit in my room, I can look out from any where else on the resort and its all good .

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JPC upgrades

Thanks Pelawpablo! Hope you're enjoying the resort and having a great time.

You've reassured me regarding the disco! But I'm still confused about the rooms!

If you're in a "premier" room (basic category) and are overlooking the Emerald Lagoon Pool, then where are the "poolview" rooms (one up from basic and slightly more expensive)? We thought we were paying more for an upgrade! Maybe not! But since you're in location, could you possibly find out?

cheers....gigi

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JPC upgrades

Will try... That ones a head scratcher . There are some that I assume to be ocean view because the balconies face that way that overlook the quiet pool by the grill. Maybe on the first floor the trees block the sea. Don't recall seeing any balcony fronts from the main pool . Will take a second look when we get out there today .. U could also inbox ( MSG) Daine.. He's pretty good at responding to direct questions.

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JPC upgrades

Will try... That ones a head scratcher . There are some that I assume to be ocean view because the balconies face that way that overlook the quiet pool by the grill. Maybe on the first floor the trees block the sea. Don't recall seeing any balcony fronts from the main pool . Will take a second look when we get out there today .. U could also inbox ( MSG) Daine.. He's pretty good at responding to direct questions.

Toronto
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: JPC upgrades

No Worries! No need to bother Daine.

We'll be there soon (tonight!) and are looking forward to having a great time regardless of where the rooms are! Hope to run into you at resort. I'll be with the noisy group from Toronto!

Gigi

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JPC upgrades

Which one?lol..as we speak it is slightly overcast.. Very hot and humid. Just what folks from TO crave.. Just claiming our chairs by the pool. Have a safe flight.

PP

10. Re: JPC upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18