We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan USA
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Trying to decide if it is worth it to use club mobay on our departure. My thought is it depends on how soon the shuttle picks you up at JRB for the airport departure flight. If our flight is at 3:25pm on a Sunday what time will they pick us up?

United States
Level Contributor
11,102 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

"if it is worth it to use club mobay"

For a long discussion of the 'is it worth it" see the following thread from two days ago

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147311-i93-k71543…

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

As Vinnie stated, there is another post going on, You can find it here - tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147317-i178-k7174…

Regarding your question on the shuttles, they tend to pick you up somewhere around 4 to 4.5 hours before the flight. An hour to the airport gets you there somewhere around 3 hours before the flight. Check the MoBay flight patterns for departures. That will give you an idea of how many people may be there when you get to the airport.

I went for the club option myself (using it in a couple weeks and departing at 2:15) because we always spend 60 to 80 dollars in Margaritaville at the airport before we leave and figured we may as well skip any lines, if any, and then enjoy a lounge with snack foods, drink and wifi before the flight for a $60 total for 2.

With that said, we are all different, If we weren't, the lounge would be much more crowded. Go with what makes you happy and you will remain happy.

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Between 10:30 and11:00 am

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

take a look at the departure section of the airport website here - http://www.mbjairport.com/departures. Most days, the flights run the same time, pending delays. That should give you an idea of what to expect when you arrive and may help in making a decision on Club MoBay.

I figure about 200-250 people per flight on average. I could be wrong, but it sounded good to me at the time I made the figure up.

With that in mind and basing it on today's schedule, you are flying into Charlotte, for a later domestic flight to Michigan, and you are departing at 3:25. There are 2 flights departing within 30 minutes before you and 3 flights within 35 minutes after your flight (Really, 4 flights leaving somewhere around the same time). Based on that, there could very well be a lot of people on line at about the time you get to the airport.

I could be wrong, of course, but you can do the research and math easily enough and come up with your own thoughts!

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
374 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Wow 4 1/2-5 hours is a long time between pick up and departure, So this equals about 3 hours waiting time at the airport, this may be worth it if we are not already tired of all the AI food and drink from the week.

Can this be purchased at JRB while we are there?

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

It can be but it's getting really popular now and there is limited space... First come.. First served .. Suggest u book it online ahead of time so u won't be disappointed .. Just search club Mobay bookings .. Hope this helps

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

From what I have seen, there are no discounts/benefits to getting it at a resort vs ordering online. If you are into it, you can go here - http://www.vipattractions.com/

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
870 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Bus will probably be scheduled for 11:30. Our bus was about 30 minutes late picking us up at JRB. We spent about an hour in line for check in. We fast tracked through security with Club Mo Bay which was nice because the lines would have taken another 30-45 minutes to get through. We probably spent 30 minutes or so in the small, crowded Club MoBay lounge. I had a nice cocktail and some snacks, got a few small bottles of water for the plane ride and some packs of snacks. Not sure I would do it again because for three people together it seemed awkward finding a place to sit together along with our carry on bags.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Hello Folks, looking for some feedback re: ClubMoBay VIP service.

We land at 2:25.

Between 2:15 and 2:25 there are 3 large planes that land before we do.

ANd 6 planes that land between 1:45 and 2:00.

Is it safe to say that there will be a significant log jam of people at customs and the wait could be quite significant?

Haliburton, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JRB shuttle and Club Mobay

Safe to say .. Yes .. We landed at the same time two Thursdays ago and the log jam was halfway up the ramp.. We kicked ourselves that we hadn't booked the arrival service and promised we would next time if flying in at the same time .. Hope this helps..