We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water shoes

Apple Valley...
3 posts
Save Topic
Water shoes

We'll be staying at Jewel Runaway Bay the end of March. Also plan on going on a couple excursions to Blue Hole, Dunn's River Falls, etc. Would anyone recommend water shoes or is barefoot fine?

Thank you!

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water shoes

Hello, I have never been to this resort but I can tell you water shoes are a must. If you step on anything you will wish you had them. Good luck

Scranton
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water shoes

I used water shoes at the Blue Hole and was happy to have them!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,340 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water shoes

Water shoes will be required for Dunns River Falls.

Michigan
Level Contributor
71 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water shoes

Just got back from JRB....took water shoes with me, but never needed them at the beach or in the water...even for snorkeling. Probably good for the falls, though.

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water shoes

water shoes its safer when climbing the water fall you can rent on buy shoes in ochi rios for more in contract demcetours on facebook for more info

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
752 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water shoes

I just bought some pretty nice water shoes made by addidas. I spent a little extra so I could wear them out other then just to the beach or pool...

They are very comfortable and stylish...

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water shoes

At both waterfalls, water shoes are highly recommended. They wont even allow you to climb Dunn's River without proper footwear..........

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
921 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Water shoes

You will wish you had water shoes when you step on a sea urchin. Those things move, you know. I know because my husband stepped on one a few years back in the Ocho Rios area and he wasn't a happy tourist. The beach at JRB is clean, very sandy vs rocky, really pretty close to perfect, but you never know what could be lurking in that sand, a sharp shell, glass that made it's way there unexpectedly, e coli.

If you sport your water shoes at JRB you will not look out of place. Not to mention, they are nice to have to use to walk into the bathroom.

Hazleton...
Level Contributor
243 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Water shoes

Terriv, exactly what happened to me. Actually I stepped on an urchin a few times. That is definitely not fun. As for me, I learned my lesson.

10. Re: Water shoes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:19
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations