We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewels paradise cove

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Jewels paradise cove

I had seen in a review on trip advisor that when you check in at JPC you need to give them 200.00 for incidentals. I did indeed confirm this with their people. He suggested bringing cash as it can take seven to ten days after you return home to get a credit to your credit card. I also found out if you do have an oceanview regular room no beer is supplied in the mini bar. Glad I found this out ahead of time than arriving their and not knowing about this ahead of time.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewels paradise cove

They don't actually take the money from your card. The $200 will never even appear on your credit card statement. They simply put a hold on $200 of your available credit balance, so unless you have a very low credit limit or go on a spending spree before the hold gets lifted, you shouldn't even notice. It's normal practice at hotels the world over - giving them a bit of protection for incidentals you charge to your room during your stay and/or damage.

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewels paradise cove

We just got back from JPC and never heard anything about the $200. They did take a copy of our credit card but it never was used. We didn't charge anything to the room so they didn't use the credit card at all. We were in the 7000 building and had beer and bottles of booze in the room. We loved the place!!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewels paradise cove

This is good to hear. Not a problem for us we just wanted to make sure no surprises ahead of time lol. Sounds good no problem either way. Thanks everyone!

Indiana
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewels paradise cove

Sunnymac are the rooms in building 7000 oceanview or oceanfront?

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewels paradise cove

Honestly I'm not sure what my room was considered because I must have been upgraded. Friends of mine were in the same building but they said that they didn't get beers in their refrigerator so maybe their room was not the same as mine. We were in room 727 and were very happy with the room.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewels paradise cove

sunnymac

we were wondering too. Maybe it is hit or miss. If we do not have beers we will just buy some. Just curious about it that's all.

7. Re: Jewels paradise cove

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:19