We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

Menasha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

When you check in at the Jewel Paradise Cove I am aware that there is a deposit of $200 required. Is that charged to your credit card and then reimbursed a couple days after checkout? Or do they just take your card and don't charge it unless there are incidentials? It says on the website you can use cash for this also. What do you suggest as the best option?

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

I believe they take the card info but don't charge until check out. This way you have the choice to pay cash and save on the international transaction fees if your card incur them.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

Just a travel FYI for all. Don't forget to inform your credit card provider that you may use your card outside of the country. If you don't you may have problems getting it verified.

Enjoy!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

codynx

I looked into this the other day. I did hear back from JPC, they told me they do indeed take a 200.00 deposit. He suggested cash. I also heard if you use your cc they put a hold on it and if no charges are on it for inciddentals you will be fine. He suggested to me to use cash. You do get it back upon departure. I myself know this is a common thing but the most I have ever incurred with this type of transacation is 100.00 in our travels. I am a bit leary giving them my credit card as I have heard this can take seven to ten days to get the hold lifted off your account. My advise would be to bring cash and get a receipt upon checkin to advoid an any problems better to be safe than sorry

4. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove Room Deposits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2015, 05:18