We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hingham...
2 posts
Save Topic
JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

We are so excited for our family trip to JRB 3/20-3/24 for my sister-in-law's wedding next week. The only wrinkle is that we'll be there for the first rounds of the NCAA basketball tournament, the focus of my husband's annual sports calendar! He's wondering what, if any, access he'll have to see the games. Does anyone know if we'll get CBS? Are there any tv's at the bars/outside?

Counting the hours until we leave this New England snow for Jamaica!

Sunny Southern...
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

TV in the lobby bar. Channels are out of Miami. Just ask the bartender and they will get a TV with a game on.

Hingham...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

Thanks, Whalefluke. He doesn't plan to be glued to the tv on vacation, but a relief to hear that he can catch some of the games.

Sunny Southern...
Level Contributor
219 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

That's what my wife said....lol

We watched a few NCAA Football games on a saturday night back in November. The pizza place is just a few steps away. Just like home - Pizza, Beer, and Football.

Bel Air, Maryland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

Funny my husband just asked the same question! Glad to know. I may limit the number of games he can watch however!

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

Actually, the lobby bar is great for watching sports. There are tv's behind the bar, and 3 more on a side wall with tables. I'm sure you can get a few games on,

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

No worries there... I just returned and watched some of the conference championship games... only thing I can see being a problem is that sometimes games are being played simultaneously and you might not get the game you want.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

It has been packed today with the games.

Scott from JRB

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

My bracket was bust the first day! Go N. Carolina

Bel Air, Maryland...
Level Contributor
43 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

My husband's beloved Syracuse lost yesterday so I guess he won't want to watch any games this week while we are there.....HA

10. Re: JRB- NCAA basketball tourney access?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2015, 04:15