We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

Hello, going with my 1 year old to JRB and wondering if the club for arrival would be worth it? Arrival time will be around 1-2pm. Thanks.

United States
Level Contributor
11,656 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

It depends on the day of the week and the exact time you arrive. If we assume all planes are on time, a big if, and you arrive on a weekday (Mon. to Thr.) exactly at 1PM then I would probably skip using Club MoBay. Arriving later on a weekday, say 2PM, or on Fri., Sat., or Sun. at anytime from 1 to 2 then it probably would be a good idea to use Club MoBay with a 1 year old.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

check a few weeks before to see how many planes are landing at that time on that day (go to Sangster website for arrivals)... I would say if there are 3 or more planes landing within a half an hour then definitely GO FOR IT.

fyi 1-2 is their busiest time - at least this time of year.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
134 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

im arriving on a monday 1.55 lunch time and im using it.

Orillia Ontario
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

I would never travel without it. The feeling you get when you see the one to two hour lineups somedays and you get to breeze by them to the front is priceless. Plus you can't always depend on plane schedules due to delays. With a baby in hand there is no question in my mind. It will be a great start to your trip and the greeters are so polite and helpful.

Hollywood, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

We will be arriving Sunday the first. I will check the planes arriving and decide, most likely I would have to go for it (I really wanted to save the money) but I don't think the wait is worth it with my toddler.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

Opinion please:

I have booked mobay for home (sunday afternoon) but i did NOT book it for arrival (Tuesday at noon)

Do you think im safe? i figured Tuesday is such a random day....

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

@fluffy, even with the current load of winter flights it has not been very bad, I have had clients who are out the airport one hour, maybe one and half hour after arrival time. You are arriving first week of June, might be about one hour........

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
279 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

just check the arrivals for Tuesdays at the time you are expected to land... that should be your main indicator... I would say three or more planes coming in within 30 min then get it... depending on the size of your plane that alone could be 200 plus.

we were landing at 125 on a Wednesday aft. Six planes were landing within 30 min. There was no doubt I was getting the VIP arrival service.

our flight was delayed by 8 hours... we didn't land til 930 at night. our VIP reception lady waited for us... our plane had 242 passengers... two staff were working the immigration stalls... the people at the end of the line waited over an hour and a half.

After our 8 hour delay and ordeal... we were so happy we bought the arrival service. WHen I asked if the afternoon was busy, our reception lady said line was up to 2 hours.

I will not do Jamaica without arrival or departure service... but I highly recommend getting private transfer as well... so you maximize the time you saved by fast tracking immigration/customs.

Edited: 02 April 2014, 22:17
Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

Thakn you all...we DO have private transfer...i learned that lesson YEARS ago (wink)

I am going to take my chance on arrival no Mobay...I will report back when i get back

Thanks all

Kim

Roseville...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First week of June Mobay Club worth it?

I am still on the fence on getting the arrival service. Hubby says no but I think he just doesn't want to spend the money. Of course I have the final say. ;-)

We arrive at 11:21 am on Saturday April 19th, the day before Easter. Looking at flight stats for this Saturday there are 5 or 6 flights landing. Sounds like I may want to purchase the arrival service. Thoughts?

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay