We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking for vacations??

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Checking for vacations??

What is a good time to start looking for the best price for a vacation to Jamaica? Mid-summer??

I like to go in the fall, Oct - Nov.

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking for vacations??

I'm going in October, and I started looking in December 2013. Just as soon as I could finalize our travel dates. I tracked prices for a few months hoping to catch a sale. I waited too long and the prices went up by about $300. I locked in at that time, fearing more price increases. I checked again earlier this week and the same room and flight will be about $200 than I paid. So I say the best time to start looking is NOW!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
309 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking for vacations??

I just booked today for november I'd been tracking the prices for the last couple of months to get a feel for them. Today they dropped a couple hundred less than what i've been seeing so I jumped on it. Thi s is my first time to Jamaica, but have been to Mexico, DR and Cuba several times I always usually book 5-6 months ahead when I can. Many times I've used sites that offer price drop guarantee and I've never actually had the price drop on me.

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checking for vacations??

Look/price from say Tuesday noon to say midnite Wed. I did it the last couple of years and have seen good price drops in this time period. This time slot has been in many travel articles. Good hunting! :)

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checking for vacations??

The resort prices themselves don't usually change by all that much (from what I've seen). What will fluctuate greatly is airfare. That is what you'll want to keep an eye on. If you are flexible on your dates, you'll have a better chance of finding a decent price.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checking for vacations??

Banshee, I see you are from Canada - check the 'price drop guarantees' currently being offered; you might qualify! Enjoy

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Checking for vacations??

This year I was looking at packages like Apple deals, Cheap Caribbeen etc. from a Tues. to say Thurs./ Fri. the same price per person could go from $1050 per person to jump to $1450 by Thurs./ Fri. per person. That's some savings!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Checking for vacations??

It is hit or miss for the pricing.

I found when I was doing my research that certain websites and carriers had a variance of 200.00 between them. I checked the following sites:

Selloffvacations.com

Redtag.ca

Itravel2000.com

Flightnetwork.com

Westjet.ca

Nolitours.ca

In the end I booked through a friend who has a friend who works for a travel company and boomer GBP for 2615.00 including taxes and transfers.

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Checking for vacations??

Thank you everyone, I better get looking!

DeniseAtBeach where is the price drop found? I like to travel with air canada but will travel with any airlines.

9. Re: Checking for vacations??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay