We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB Construction?

Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
JRB Construction?

We're thinking of booking this resort for the end of July but I understand they're building a water park and a recent review complained of drilling noise and paint odors. Just wondering what sort of renovations/ construction is being done and how it might affect our stay?

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB Construction?

Its a new waterpark and it is being built behind a wing of the resort, from what I have read from many, its out of site, out of mind. We are going the end of June and have no worries. Enjoy!

Edited: 29 May 2014, 05:32
Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB Construction?

I don't believe I read that in a resent review, and I read a lot of them. Hard to believe any noise or smell from the water park build since they just started clearing the grounds. The park is being built behind and away from the easternmost block of rooms. You won't even know its being done. Any good Caribbean resort will have some sort of renovations/construction going on somewhere to keep the place up. That's what happened to the resort before Jewel. They never keep the resort up.

I'll be there in just under a month also. Not worried in the least!

Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB Construction?

The reveiw was from a person who was here on business and stayed one day from Kingston. The paint was from finishing up a expansion on topaz block of 15 plungepool rooms to jr suites. That was completed in two weeks and is done.

The banging was the waterpark construction putting up hoarding behind the bushes that hide the area of the park. This was completed in two hours however no mention was made of clearing land in the same location that was completed. Once agan the topaz block blocks the area.

Scott from JRB

4. Re: JRB Construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:16