We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions you have done?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions you have done?

Hi all

Here we go again we are staying at the gran Bahia Príncipe in July group of six all in our forties and fifties.

I am having trouble finding things that our group want to do that doesn't include a three hour journey there and back so my question is what excursions have you done and what would you recommend?

A colleague told me about a trip to the rum distillery where he got measured for a shirt on the way there and picked it up on the way back anyone heard of this?

Any help much appreciated as it's getting close to our holiday.

Thanks

jonnyboy

New York
Level Contributor
390 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions you have done?

We have done quite a few closer to resort excursions...

Mystic Mountain (zip lining and bob sled) 👍

Dolphin Cove (swim with dolphins)

Dunns River Falls

The ones above we're not all day things an were a lot of fun. We also did the Bob Marley Nine mile tour but that took a whole day.

Next time we go we are trying the Luminous Lagoon as that is just a few hour tour.

Enjoy!!!!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions you have done?

The excursion we enjoyed the most was the Bob Marley ( Spirit of Reggae, Nine Mile) Tour. It took six hours. I think they picked us up around 8:45 and we got back by 3:00 but it went fast. And you'll have some interesting stories when you get home.

Montego Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions you have done?

Bob Marley Village tour

Fire Spring

Glistening waters

Blue Hole Mineral Spring

Good Hope estate

Prospect Plantation

Blue Lagoon

Pelican Bar

Roaring River and cave tour

Xtabi on the cliff and sea cave

Ricks Cafe

scotland
Level Contributor
163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions you have done?

Bob marley and dunns river falls both were great

roxbury, ma
Level Contributor
8,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions you have done?

You may enjoy the dinner show on the Pirate Ship in Falmouth

Glistening Waters-amazing boat ride in the dark and you can swim in the luminesssssssssss waters

Martha Brae bamboo river rafting trip

Bob Marley Nine Mile-amazing drive through the hills

Green grotto Caves

Dunns River Falls-much closer than YS (recc if you were up for a long drive)

Karl-where is fire spring? If close they should check it out...rivers and springs are amazing in Jamaica!

PEACE!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
828 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions you have done?

Luminous Lagoon (Glistening Waters)! It is a unique experience and a nice excursion for the evening. You can enjoy your resort all day and head there in the evening.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions you have done?

I think about half of Karl's list is undo-able in under three hours from their resort. All good things to do, but not in the time frame they are looking for.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions you have done?

Hi bushgrl

The pirate ship sounds good we did this in Mexico last year and really enjoyed it but the only info I can find is from jan 2013 where did you book this trip from and how much did it cost?

Thanks

Jonnyboy

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions you have done?

I would recommend, if you want to do something then take a day out and do two things in one, Consider hiring a driver and maybe go Dunns River falls early in the morning, then from there straight up to Nine Mile - Bob Marley, you can stop for drinks on the way, then grab food on the way back, if you feel to stop and have a look at Brownstown markets on your way back down. Its pretty much a full day, but by combining the two its cheaper and your not travelling twice.

Glistning waters is nice but its all very weather dependant

http://www.glisteningwaters.com/

My other recommendation would be - horse riding

http://www.hooves-jamaica.com/Beach-Ride.html

We have been numerous times, you start off at the great house, then work your way down the pathways, across the main road and onto the beach, stopping to strip off and have a drink before you get back on your horse and head into the sea.

If you have rode before you can have private group tours - just more fun you get to gallop along the beaches instead of a nice trot lol.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 15:17
Dorchester, Nebraska
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions you have done?

Getting a private driver is the way to go for sure! Kemrod "smiley" Riley is top notch and lives nearby. He will promptly answer any questions, and has lots of suggestions on where you can go. His prices are extremely competitive, and certainly less than an organized hotel trip that comes with time constrictions. He'll give you quotes ahead of time, is insured, and is always early to pick you up. I use him every time we go to Jamaica. Contact him at kemrod@rileytours.biz, or find him on Facebook under Riley Tours (biz page), or Kemrod Riley. Enjoy your trip!!