We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praying to the airfare Gods!

New York
Level Contributor
391 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Praying to the airfare Gods!

To bring down the darn airfare out of NY so we can head back to JRB in September!!!! Ok, end rant.

Noblesville, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Look for an Apple vacations charter flight, we are taking one from Chicago, they fly charters on certain days from many major citys....Great price saving!...We are headed to JRB on the 29th...can't wait! Good hunting!(Tue-Wed. Best priceing for tickets....It works)

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Sentra, go onto a site called Yapta. They will check flight prices daily and email you. good luck though. We booked early winter for June and they did nothing but go up, up, up.

JetBlue out of JFK early September is just under $1000 for 2.

Edited: 07 June 2014, 15:41
New York
Level Contributor
391 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Thanks theworld and Coco! I'm constantly checking cheap Caribbean. 9/4-9/13...will ck apple also. Gas prices are so annoying...you know that's what's making this so darn expensive!!!

I do see that JetBlue has an early flight out of JFk....don't recall seeing that one before...we normally do Caribbean Air out of JFK 5:45a

west virginia
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Air fare is a fickle lady, she requires constant attention!

Every year we go last weekend in sept for 14 or 15 days, every year I start pricing air fare on April 1.

2 years ago Airtran BWI to MBJ non-stop was $969.

This year on 5-29 I hit a Southwest sale for the exact same flight BWI to MBJ non-stop $663.

America, The...
Level Contributor
7,833 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

We got SW from BWI for November for $343 including early bird. I always thought you'd get great deals out of NY with so many flight and airport options. Hope something good pops up. September seems like a great time to catch a deal if you are going to find one!

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

FYI: You did know about this sale right? Perhaps this would help with costs & give you more $$$ to book air:)

https://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-jewel-dunn-…

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,327 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Yes Sentra, we love that Caribbean air early flight also. If all goes well, on resort for breakfast. But it does come at a price.

New York
Level Contributor
391 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

Hey Guys!

Still looking....airfare not looking to good. Going to give it a few more weeks.

Coco - did you see that 6:45am JetBlue light out of JFK? Don't recall seeing that in the past! (As much as I LOVE the Caribbean airline flight...an hour later might be worth the comfy seats and TV in the headrests...lol)

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,125 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

My layover is normally in NYC. I got a good deal on United for $400pp through Newark, and Southwest's fares are pretty good, too. You have to go directly to Southwest's site for their prices. They will not come up on kayak, etc. Good luck!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Praying to the airfare Gods!

:( I don't even want to SAY what my airfares are pricing....

Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay