We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP Best Room Choice ?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
GBP Best Room Choice ?

Hi we are going to GBP in November and i was wondering if any one could advise which room block would be best to request , i would like to be near the beach and pool and have a nice view and i dont want to be miles away from everything .

Thanks in advance , Juliette.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

hey there we are also going in November and we upgraded last week to the Luxury Don Pablo section for $15 per person per day..have been told worth every penny.....great perks and have stayed in their Luxury in Punta Cana for a while lot more $$..looking forward to the trip 22 weeks to go...capers2013

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

We just returned from our second visit in 7 months. The first time we had upgraded in advance to the Don Pablo section.

The DP rooms were NOT conveniently located. We were at the far end of the resort, very far from everything and in our case a brutal 6 flight staircase to get anywhere as the elevators lacked AC and were painfully slow.

We did not upgrade this time and ended up with better rooms.

This visit, we stayed in building 11 on the 3rd floor. It was centrally located and what I would consider beach front rather than ocean view. The room size and layout was the same as the DP section, but the balconies were much larger.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Thanks for that , we haven't upgraded but were thinking of maybe doing the golden club , but im not sure its worth it , maybe we will see what room we are given first then ask to move if its not right , i read blocks 17 and 18 were best ?

Cheers , Juliette

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Block 23 is a good choice too although a bit far from the far end of the beach but the sea views make up tor it for sure

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Hi Michelleo123,

Which are the blocks closer to that nice part of the beach and are they near to everything else like restaurants etc ?

Thanks , Juliette

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Hi That would be block 23 and black 22 and black 24 i hope this is off help

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Thats great thank you :-))

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Michelle is not right about that. Our first trip we were in building 23 and it could not be farther from the beach.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

Oh right thanks for letting me know , I would like to be near the nicer part of the beach where the bay is .

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP Best Room Choice ?

That would be block 18 the nicer part of the resort I think its block 23 for the sea views but if you want the beach block 18 is there but there are also a lot of complaints about bugs on that section.