We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

Hi does anyone know roughly how deep the small pool is at the Jewel Runaway bay- is there a bar nearby or a drinks service? We have kinship care of our 5 and 6 year old grandsons who will be going with us plus our two teenage adopted kids. We plan to spend the morning at the infinity pool or beach then hopefully get a rest in the afternoon whilst the kids are in the kids/teen club.

We noticed a recent post on trip advisor mentioned the Italian restaurant is relocated to the grill for refurbishment. We really like to eat indoors in A/C and booked because it had this - anyone know when this will be finished. we are going on 4th July for 4 weeks.

We have requested interconnecting rooms - and have been advised that this will not be a problem anyone know how reliable this is?

Sorry to ask so many questions - we have all been through a tough time with our eldest adopted daughter (we have 4 adopted and 2 kinship care kids) who has mental health and substance abuse problems and no longer lives with us and are so excited about the holiday!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

almora1 - after reading the post i believe a trip to JRB is just what you need. :)

There are 3 pools at JRB small quiet pool - sorry but i dont know measurements, but a 5 and 6 year old would not be able to stand up in this pool, so if they can swim or float great. - there is no bar by this pool, you would have to walk round to the main bar.

Infinity pool, has a swim up bar, and its shallow enough in parts for kids to stand, run, walk, splash etc. Obvously in parts it does get deeper.

The Main pool again you would need to be able to swim, float etc.

Sorry im not much help but all i can say is the infinity pool is great fun - one afternoon a week they have the pirates pool party which is great fun, prizes to be won and pirates make an appearance.

With regards to the Italian im sure someone will be along pretty soon to confirm this, but dont discount the other restaurants - the pizza restaurant is amazing.

I hope you all have a fantastic time :)

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

There are three pools the most shallow is the infinity pool by the swim up bar. This is shallow for the little ones and has a little deeper area about 3 feet or so by the swim up part.

Platinum restaurant is air conditioned. Moonstone is now where the grill used to be.

Any request is not guaranteed. If it is important for the connectors email sherefa.brown@jewelresorts.com and ann-marie.goffe-pryce@jewelresorts.com

scott from jrb

scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

Thanks for your help Scott. We used to go to the Almond Beach Village in Barbados for 5 weeks every summer until it closed down and have been looking for a hotel that offers what we like and need for a mixed age group. Having looked at numerous reports on the Jewel Runaway Bay - it ticks all our boxes and more. Can't wait! Think you are amazing just from the way you respond to comments on Trip Advisor.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

Thank you almora, Jamaica and Barbados are my two favourite Islands. I am looking forward to cropover this year.

Scott from jrb

5. Re: Jewel RB - small pool - italian restaurant - connecting room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay
Recent Conversations