We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB Questions!

Washington DC...
12 posts
Save Topic
JRB Questions!

Hi everyone!

We are about to book our vacation for August but I had a few questions! This is our first vacation to Jamaica and our first all-inclusive, so sorry for the newbie questions :)

Our group includes two kids ages 5 and 2 what activities are available for them? And what is the child care situation like? Trustworthy? Any issues? I have a hard time leaving my kids to just anyone and am looking for some reassurance in this department from parents who have been there :)

We don't eat pork or drink alcohol...would we still be able to enjoy the resort's food options? I usually order virgin drinks when we go out to eat here in the US...is that possible at the resort?

What is the glass bottom boat like? Is it something we would have to navigate ourselves or does someone from the resort guide us?

Is snorkeling gear available or should I bring my own?

Thanks in advance for your help...I am so excited for this trip but also so nervous because I don't know what to expect! Jamaica looks amazing!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB Questions!

You and your family (and others) will be comfortable passengers as the watersports guide takes you for a pleasant journey.

I do not drink booze either and there is plenty to drink as almost every drink can be made without alcohol.

There are plenty of food selections that do not include pork: beef, fish, pastas, veggies, fruits.

JRB has recently been renovated top to bottom and has a Jamaican theme to the resort. And you are close to high profile tourist venues.

Folks looking after your kids are highly trained and certified as child care professionals.

Weather will be hot and very humid (sort of like DC in August, I think).

Enjoy

Allen Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB Questions!

I just got back 5 days ago and Im already planning my next trip. Jamaica is so beautiful it was so hard to leave.

You will have no issue with leaving your kids with the ladies that work in the kids club. Annie and Lorna are amazing. When we took the orientation tour the kids were making fathers day cupcakes. They have a lot for them to do. They can get dressed up as princesses or pirates and the kids just love it.

As far as the food you will have no issues at all. The selection at the buffet was impressive. They always had chicken and fish. Also at the bars they had frozen drink machines. They do not have alcohol in them so sometimes I would ask for rum to be added and other times I would just get them without to cool down.

I did see some snorkeling gear available everyday. I have seen some recommendations that you bring your own just incase they are being used.

The weather was very hot and humid to me. I am from Michigan and I will never complain about the heat here again. I found a Hammock in the Jungle area near the lobby and it was perfect to lay there in the shade and the breeze kept me cool.

East Hampton...
Level Contributor
208 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB Questions!

We like to bring our own snorkels and masks- they are very inexpensive and found at CVS, Walgreens. etc.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
930 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB Questions!

I can't wait to go back to this resort just so my daughter can have more fun at the Kid's Camp. She was almost 6 at the time we visited and had a blast!!! Still talks about it almost 6 months later and tells me she would rather go back to JRB in Jamaica than visit Disney.

Personally I like to travel with my own snorkel gear as I know it fits properly and I can use it as much or as little as I wish throughout the day.

Glass bottom boat is a group outing of about 45 minutes with a captain and a guide. It was really nice and enjoyable. Although I did see a few passengers experience sea sickness so keep that in mind.

All food is labeled so you are able to stay away from whatever you don't eat. No issues. My daughter said the non-alcoholic strawberry daqs were outstanding.

Washington DC...
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB Questions!

Thank you for all the great feedback! We are still in the process of booking our trip...I was thinking to book through cheapcarribean but am having second thoughts. Anyone have any recommendations on where to book this vacation? I have found a pretty good deal through BJs and am thinking to book it but maybe a travel agent would be a better route since we are traveling with two little ones? Any advice is welcome! We usually travel to Asia/Europe and we usually book directly through the airline/hotel but since this is an all inclusive I want to know what my best option is :)

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB Questions!

Try FunJet.com

They have some good deals like up to $300 off booking.

Washington DC...
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB Questions!

Thanks I'll check it out!

8. Re: JRB Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17