We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP or LBP and why??

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GBP or LBP and why??

Trying to figure out if its worth the extra money to stay at Luxury Bahia Principe over Grand Bahia Principe - we are planning on booking the Club Golden room at GBP, I keep reading/seeing posts about a Don Pablo package and getting confused lol - HELP :)

Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

ALSO - I noticed that if you stay at LBP you have full access to GBP, does that work the opposite way also??

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

no, if you stay at the Grand Bahia you can not use the services or areas designated for the Don Pablo side.

We haven't been to this resort, planning on February but spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Luxury Bahia Bouganville in the DR.

As for the difference.... LUXURY accomodations, amenities, better food, top shelf drinks, the best staff, private beach area, private pools. ADULTS ONLY!!

Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

Thanks- is it actually 2 different resorts OR just an upgrade by booking the Luxury Bahia Principe?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

same resort just different areas, i found it very strange, they have a disco on the beach for don pablo which whenever we went past was empty, also sun loungers around the main pool area just outside the don pablo area with barriers around them, makes you look a little foolish in my opinion.

Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

lol nanks, thanks for info, I was getting confused if it was same place or not!! Its about $300 difference just wondering if it really worth it or not before we book!! :/

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

£300 british pounds we paid, just convert it to $

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

We did the DP upgrade the first time (last Oct) and did not find the value in it.

This time (May) we just did the golden upgrade and it included everything we needed (room service, free safe, etc)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

In Jamaica, it is not exactly like as described by the other poster.

The rooms are the exactly the same. In fact, our golden upgrade gave us a larger balcony, better view and a more central location. (all dependent on what building you are in)

There is no difference in the room amenities, food and service by the staff compared to the Golden upgrade.

You do get access to a special lounge and top shelf booze.

While the beach area is roped off it is within the regular part of the beach, so is not private. You do get beach beverage service though with the DP upgrade.

The pool area is private.

I would not consider this to be an adults only vacay. Kids can be seen and heard and I think there is only one restaurant that does not allow children.

Eden, New York
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

Thanks so much, really torn as what to do, need to make a decision TODAY lol - my biggest thing I want is the Free Wifi, room safe and 24 hour room service!! As for the top shelf booze what are the differances?? for me the beer is the big one ;)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
647 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP or LBP and why??

Based on what you just wrote, save your money and just do the golden upgrade.