We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faceclothes...

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Faceclothes...

When going to GBP, why don't people just bring a few face clothes of their own? I don't get why so many people complain about this non-stop. It seems simple to me. I get a pack of 15 from Walmart for 5.00.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,106 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faceclothes...

Lol. We have never had a facecloth prob but I always take a scrubber shower thingy with me I also have no probs wetting a hand towel :) :)

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,631 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faceclothes...

I have several neon color faceclothes that I take along with my shower scrubby. Since I began doing that every resort has has washclothes in the room.....lol

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faceclothes...

People complain because the faceclothes are supposed to be there. And when they are not, it seems like the resort never tells you that there are none. They tell you that they will take care of the problem, and then they never do. Even the cheapest travel motels supply you with the proper towels, and if one is missing, you make a call, and problem is solved.

Funny thing is, there is a Cassandra that replies to many reviews. This is her response to a similar recent complaint:

"We ensure our managements will be looking into all of your observations and will make the necessary changes and corrections to avoid these situations in the future."

It seems simple....buy some more faceclothes.

30 days until my first visit to the GBP, and I can't wait to complain if the resort ignores a problem.

Better yet....Cassandra, if you see this, I am offering to pick up 300 faceclothes from WalMart. All you need to do is pull $100 from petty cash and pay me when I arrive next month. PM me if you are interested.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Faceclothes...

My parents have been traveling to jamaica for decades and I remember them telling me to bring face clothes when we go. I like mine better anyway.

Doesn't faze me bc I have them : p

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
685 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Faceclothes...

Hi all

At the gbp right now and had six face cloths in our room on Monday morning and had them replaced every day but if we didn't have them it wouldn't be a problem as we in Scotland were taught to wash with our hands.

Jonnyboy

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Faceclothes...

Not used a facecloth since i was about 5 but if i did and it it was not in a room would i car..... No its really not that important, i have hands i can use - as long as there are towels....

Youngstown, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Faceclothes...

OK. I solved the face cloth problem. Seems that the GBP is giving all 6 face clothes they have to JonnyBoy. 😊

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,039 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Faceclothes...

tomcat i suggest you maybe message johnnyboy and ask him to hide them somewhere nice and safe for you :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Faceclothes...

I will be doing exactly that on my next visit, but it should not be necessary at a resort that claims to be 5*.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Faceclothes...

You know you have a good life when???? you talk about facecloths on TA. Tomcat and Kall, you guys are awesome.

Alex