We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB Premier Rooms

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
JRB Premier Rooms

Realizing that we barely spend any amount of time in our rooms we are thinking of booking the premier (entry level) room at JRB for 10 days in Feb. We are a family of 4 and our daughters share a bed.

If you have stayed in a premier room, can you give me some advice? Cheers!

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

If your not picky about your room (very true, not much time spent there) you should be fine. Small enough resort where nothing is to far from any room.

Enjoy

scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Hi we are at JRB just now in 2 premier rooms. Our 4 kids are sharing one premier room with 2 double beds. It is a lovely room much better than I thought. The beds are super comfy - room attendant very helpful with special requests. You have to come here, it is fabulous. Our kids are aged 5,6,13 and15 and we never see them! Kids and teen clubs. Best ever. Been in loads of 5 star hotels but this is the first time I have been served sparkling wine in the pool! Everyone is so relaxed here!

Linda Butterworth

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

I, too,went backwards and forwards trying to decide between plunge pool rooms and premier rooms. In the end I chose two waterview premier rooms for myself,husband and two teenage kids. My 14 yr old daughter,always the practical one, said "Why do we need a small pool when the Caribbean sea is right outside ?" Made sense to me ! Will be arriving on July 23rd for a week,can't wait. Mr Cocotel, your words of wisdom on JRB along with Scotts rapid responses to forum questions were instrumental in me choosing this resort. Regardless of room type,I'm sure we'll have a fabulous time.

Too_ Cold, I'll give you feedback when we get home.

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Glad I could help!

Enjoy!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Thank you everyone. We just returned from Walt Disney World and after that fun (but hectic) vacation, I am ready to book my tranquil winter getaway. I think that the premier room will fit the bill.

Almora - my girls are in the age range of your kids - I love hearing about the abundance of activities for them.

Boleynground - I like the way your daughter thinks - my 13 year old has made similar comparisons to rooms - we stayed in a base room on a disney cruise and as she said, we can make that work so any room seems super large in comparison.

Cheers! Too Cold.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

So...an update - we BOOKED for february!!!! We think JRB is going to be the perfect fit for our family. So excited. This will be our longest stay in Jamaica - we are going for 11 nights, giving us 10 non travel days of sun, sand and fun. We decided on the premier room as we could go for a few more days and stay within our budget (airfare is a killer from here).

Now all I need to do is figure out the evening dress code. I have a 6 1/2 year old sprouting up like a weed and as we go to Jamaica in the dead of winter, I need to top up her summer wardrobe within the next few weeks to cash in on the summer sales (and actually be alble to find summer clothing) :) Any insight from you on evening dress codes at the al a cartes would be greatly appreciated.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,870 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Platinum restaurant is the only one that is airconditioned. All restaurants are casual dining attire.

Scott from JRB

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,978 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Awesome - Thanks Scott! Now I just have to hurry up and WAIT to come :) 8 Days at disney world has me missing the Jamaica sand gravity big time.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Hi Too_Cold,

Sorry for the long delay. We had a lovely time at JRB. Our premier rooms were fine,clean and comfortable. (although I do admit to a slight twinge of jealousy when I saw the plunge pool rooms,maybe next time ! ) Lots of storage for clothes, bathroom was nothing fancy but had everything you would need. We had two adjoining rooms. Didn't spend much time in them, too busy out having fun. I would definitely recommend emailing your request ahead of time for a room with two beds. They seemed to be in very short supply the week we were there. I had emailed my request a few weeks in advance for two adjoining rooms, one with two beds for the kids,preferably on a higher floor. On arrival we were given rooms in different buildings.Not sure what went awry but they did their best to accommodate us. Ended up on the ground floor with both rooms having king beds. They did put an extra twin bed in the kids room so that worked out fine in the end.It was the only hiccup in an otherwise great vacation and certainly nothing to get upset about. Don't know how you can guarantee getting a room with two beds, maybe someone else can give you some help on that. But I can guarantee that you'll have a great time.

Enjoy !

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JRB Premier Rooms

Boleynground, did they ever give the impression that you may not get connecting rooms? We're travelling with three children ages 7, 9 and 12. I've been looking for a place that can accommodate five in a room as we never have a problem with space and such but JRB looks great with the waterpark... but won't hold 5 to a room. I'm considering booking two rooms but they must be connecting. I'm really concerned that if we book two rooms, we'll find out on arrival that they are next door rather than connecting, or worse, on different floors.