We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
583 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

My review should be posted soon!! If you are considering this resort and you do not have children, book now!!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

We leave for JPC TOMORROW!!! Since we can't wait for your review, can you give us some helpful tips & advice? Thanks!

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
583 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

The directions on finding the Paradise person at the airport is spot on. When you arrive at the resort (approx an hour drive) they will greet you with ice cold cloth and a wonderfully slushy drink. As soon as you complete your paperwork, go to concierge and book your reservations for Jade Samurai. If you want to do Dunn's Falls or an excursion that is not included, then go to the "JTL" rep. We paid for an extra excursion, Horseback riding.....truly loved it! As far as the shopping excursion, if you do Dunn's there will be hundreds of craft people when you leave, there are also several vendors each day that come on site. Typically they come for a day, the next day there are different people. They do love to bargain!!

Snorkeling, hobie cats, sunset cruise, scuba.....for any of those activities you go to the sports shack at the cove. As soon as you get settled in your room, I'd go straight down to sign up for snorkeling and sunset cruise. Hobie cats fairly easy to catch. If you want to do the "beginning/resort" scuba. You can only sign up the morning before you want to scuba. There are only 4 slots each day. The line starts forming around 7:15-7;30.

At breakfast each day, Merrick will make you a wonderful omelet. Tell him you heard he can make the "Jamaican happy omelet". No, I really don't know what all he puts into it, but he loved having carte blanche!!

We preferred eating Italian at night when compared to the nightly buffet. However, the ice cream at night was wonderful in the Coral Cafe. We were lucky one night they did a beach buffet....so much fun!!! We drank from fresh coconuts and ate sugar cane. Then they had goat races!!

If you do Dunn's....tell the guide you will take care of him....he will carry your camera, yes its safe, and make wonderful pictures of you all the way up the falls. Several people were tipping $10 for this and it's def worth it. Also, if you do Dunn's....share a locker with 4 or 5 other couples!! They will charge you $8 for the locker, it's huge....when you are finished they will refund you $3 when you turn the lock back in.

No matter what, if your vacation is like mine your will be so sad to leave!! I don't think I've ever enjoyed a vacation as much as this one!!

Hope this helps...if not, ask specific questions and I'll try to answer! Remember "No problems Mon and everything will be Irie!!"

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

Will be arriving 95 days from today...can't wait!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
242 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

VHASOUTH:

When you say that there are only 4 slots for scuba diving..... do you mean for the beginner/scuba resort course? Or, do you mean to go out on the boat and dive?

Chelsea, Alabama
Level Contributor
583 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

Bonnshack,

That is for the beginner course! I'm not sure about the certified dives.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
266 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

Is the guest crowd a bit older? How is the social scene?

7. Re: Home from JPC!!! Perfect trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 05:16