We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

My husband and I are headed to JPC 9/27 for a week. We are so excited because the reviews are amazing! Someone tell me how 478 of 510 reviews can be excellent or very good and then you get those few people who said they were disappointed and gave them poor reviews?!?! I'm just wondering if anyone has any good tips for this resort that we could plan ahead for our week. Having stayed at Iberostar Grand twice, Sandals Montego Bay and Couples Negril (not a fan) this will be our 5th time to Jamaica. JPC fit into our budget this year nicely and I'm hoping we will be as happy as the other 478 folks out there.

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

We too bailed on Couples for JPC, won't look back. JPC is amazing and the reviews on the service are spot on. The ocean isn't Negril or Bloody Bay, but everything else makes up for this shortcoming. No rudeness at watersports, no rude bartenders, just good people who genuinely seem to enjoy what they are doing and enjoy the guests. The property is beautiful and amazingly well kept.

We spent our best times at the Sunset Bar above Moonstone, we really liked being able to dine and drink on the water, something we couldn't do at Couples. It is so much more relaxing to enjoy an ocean breeze.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

Thanks CaptainRon! Any recommendations on rooms? We are not springing for the higher end rooms simply because we don't spend much time in the room and would rather be enjoying the resort and bars! :-) we do want a quiet(er) room though for when we do need our R&R.

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

I would say any courtyard room would be just fine. We wasted money on an "ocean view". We had very little view of the ocean and a direct view of the guard shack complete with guard starring at my gf every time she walked outside. I would just ask for a courtyard room down by the "quiet beach". We did like our room being located down that way, it was quiet and private even though the view part didnt work out.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

Thanks so much! We are making our final payment this week so I'll put that request in then. I need to also remember to request the a top floor. For some reason they've got us down on the ground floor. There are no elevators right? And only 3 floors?

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

No elevators and yes, only 3 floors. We were on the second and it was fine.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

When JPC was managed by SuperClubs, I stayed in the ocean front rooms (Building 9) and now that there are balconies, the rooms would be even more fantastic. I was on the third (top) floor and the views were stunning.

Sioux Falls,South...
Level Contributor
211 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

luvyourdogs, You ask a great question and one that I wonder about when reading the reviews. We have stayed at all the Jewels in Jamaica many times with Paradise Cove being our last trip in May, With that being said we have already booked another trip to JPC with 15 other couples for Super Bowl Sunday . I have no doubt that you will have a great time and you to will be posting a great review. Make sure to check out the Blur Hole while you are there. Great trip for the money and you can just grab a cab from the front of the resort and go at almost anytime:) Have fun

North Carolina
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

TedandNikki, we just paid our final payment for our week at JPC for a well needed vacation. I'm really looking forward to it. Headed there late September! Thanks for your recommendation. We will certainly try it out. We've been to Jamaica 4 times but never to this part of the island. While we definitely like to partake in fun and drinks, we also need a bit of quiet so I'm hoping for a room away from the pool areas. I've read emailing the Manager prior to your trip is suggested. Any thoughts on that?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

Slightly off topic:

You guys mention "final payment" on the trip. So in what way were you paying exactly? I am looking to book JPC end of November and I'm looking at options to not pay 3000$ NOW when the trip is 4 months away...

Thanks!

AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
407 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jewel Paradise Cove - excited!

Depends on the travel agent you use - ours takes a deposit when we book and final payment for the balance 45 days out. I know with many of the big travel sites they charge 100% up front.