We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampton Beach, New...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

How is the walk to Sharkie's from the JPC? Is it a long walk and is there a sidewalk? Is the beach nicer than the beach at JPC? We were at the other Jewell resort when it was a Breezes and I enjoyed the long walks on the beach. We would like to get off the resort for a short time one day and go for a walk.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,492 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

The distance, using the road from the PJC entrance, is about 1.5 miles.

Sharkie's has a very long beach adjacent to it.

I do not know if there are sidewalks next to the main road, but it is improbable.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

We didn't feel comfortable leaving the resort. We met a couple who did and they said it was less than 10 minutes walk to a public beach. We saw the beach while on the glass bottom boat trip and it's too small for strolling. There is also a restaurant there but they didn't trust its cleanliness standard.

Edited: 16 August 2014, 19:09
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

Once you exit the rather long driveway of JPC, hang left and walk up the street. At leisurely pace this should take 35 to 40 mins in total. There are side walks and there are also people who will want to take you on a "walking tour" braid your hair or assume you are hunting for something. A polite no thank you and they should leave you alone.Which means you will be walking along the main road .....not the beach

Also depending on the time of day you decide to go for your stroll.....don't for get to take water.....if not .....there are quite a few bars along the way,,,,,,

Homosassa, Florida
Level Contributor
528 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

I would do so with caution. I made the walk the above poster is talking about to the little stores that are just down the street. It didnt bother me so much, but I would not have wanted the wife/gf with me. Some geeked out freak that looked like something out of a zombie movie was a little tough to shake. I thought for a moment I was going to have to physically push him away from me as he was that close and seemed out of his mind. Another Jamaican said something to him in Patois and he left me alone.

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

C'est M your friends missed out on some really tasty Jamaican food!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

Food at Sharkies is grand, well worth the walk if staying at JPC

7. Re: Walk to Sharkie's from JPC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17