We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's your advice?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
somerset
Level Contributor
165 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
What's your advice?

We are staying at RDCC in November, I usually take alot of cash wherever we have been before and popped it in the safe with out any problems. Would it be safe enough to bring lots of cash here or use an atm, I always worry that I won't be able go get my money from the Atm. Thank you in advance..

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
255 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's your advice?

Honestly i would not take loads of cash with you, there is usually atms in the resort or get a driver to take you to one and ensure your safe, never advise to take loads of cash ever take a prepayment card with you which means you can get money in the resort too from the reception from it a MasterCard prepayment card. I usually only take about £500 CASH the rest on my cards

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's your advice?

we never take more then $500.00 US alwaysbeen plenty. We use prepaid travel card and our Discover card when we travel.

If you ned a driver at RDCC look for Anthony at the front gate. He will make sure you are safe.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's your advice?

Take minimal cash, then if you need more take it out from Cash point which sits just outside the resort

Yes you will be charged but much easier and safer in my opinion :)

United States
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's your advice?

"I usually take alot of cash wherever we have been before"

You are staying at an all inclusive resort. You have pre-paid for your transport, room, food, drink, entertainment, etc. so why take 'a lot of cash'? I stay at a different all inclusive resort and often spend $US20 during a week long holiday in Jamaica. So first I would decide what I will be spending money on. Take some Sterling and some US dollars (the currency at your hotel). Travelers checks and debit cards work fine for other money needs.

somerset
Level Contributor
165 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's your advice?

Thanks every one for your advice, yes we are AI, money for excursions plus, wedding renewal fees would be the cash i would take. As there is an ATM just out side i may use this now, i will check with my bank to see if this is ok. Kall i have an HSBC card would this be ok in that particular ATM?? So ime thinking that the hotel could take my payment for fees on a card?? would that be US or Jamaican dollars? As you can tell ime a new bee to all f this :) Thanks again.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's your advice?

Yes just let the bank know you are going away, so they dont block your card. I use Natwest and always carry the number when i go away just incase they block it.

You can withdraw US or JA dollars from outside just choose which you want. I personally use JA because if you use US you get change in JA and although i work in Finance my brain doesnt do the calculation from US to JA qucik enough when getting change rom a purchase.

The bank will charge you its generally only a couple of quid so nothing major. I personally just grb 10,000 JAdollars each time i go. about £60.

Have a great trip anymore questions just shout :)

7. Re: What's your advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 05:17