We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB activities

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
JRB activities

Hi ! We are searching for our next family trip with our two boys (12 & 9) - I was planning to go back to Punta Cana, but I keep coming back to look at this resort in Jamaica :-) I'm wondering if the activities cost extra such as the glass bottom boat, snorkeling (is this on the boat or just on your own, or both?), hobie cats, tennis, and driving range ? I believe the laser tag and other activities are part of the kids club. Is there a basketball hoop at the pool ( my boys love this)?

Also, if we were to book an excursion like Blue Hole, would it be cheaper to do it at the hotel?

Sorry if this all has been asked before :-)

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JRB activities

Hello Hondo,

glass bottom boat included. snorkeling from shore included, snorkeling from boat there is a cost, hobie included, tennis with pro included, driving range included, basketball pool and court included, laser tag, archery, bonfires, dive in movies, magic shows, included. what else?

The hotel does not sell Blue Hole at the tour desk but you can purchase it from the taxi drivers their as it is not a licensed tour by the Jamaica Tourist Board.

Scott from JRB

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JRB activities

Scott you forgot to include................ The new waterpark, with water slides and lazy river that will open late this year :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JRB activities

lol Kall, you forgot to say "which is due to open about the 15th December 2014" . There's also lots of beach games, pool games, treasure hunts - all sorts to keep the children amused if they want to join in.

under the toadstool
Level Contributor
231 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JRB activities

I left the builders with specific instructions to work hard to get it finished ;-)

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JRB activities

Awesome - thanks for the responses! I looked at the pictures of the waterpark on the website - it shows an arrival area for day patrons --so I'm wondering if you think this will cut down on the day passes to the resort on the weekends? The day pass overcrowding was mentioned on the forum as something to consider for this resort.

under the toadstool
Level Contributor
231 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JRB activities

Didn't have any issues with day guests or over crowding while we were there.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JRB activities

TBH Hondo, I've haven't, as yet, found it an issue at all. The resort is also used for conference facilities, and on occasions they have large groups, usually things like teacher conferences etc, not everyday families. The number of day passes is also restricted depending on actual guest capacity. The review you mention also had several other 'flaws' in it! If I remember rightly, this was on 4th July, so guess you would expect a few extra people out celebrating.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JRB activities

Hondo. Feb will be my 7th or 8th trip to Jamaica since 2010 and the third with my kids (now 7 and 13). I have extensively research resort activities for kids especialy in that hard to please tween age. From my research there are 3 resorts that actually have programming for that difficult to please age. The two beaches resorts and Jrb. I have shown my 13 year old the activities offered at both and she is super excited about what Jrb has to offer (and it is much more inexpensive than beaches)! We ended up booking Jrb for 11 nights and are so excited. Cheers! Too cold.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JRB activities

Thanks everyone! I had actually read that on the forum (not a review) and someone mentioned it to me in a PM when I asked their thoughts on the resort. But it all sounds good- we are looking to go in late March/early April so I suspect the resort will be possibly booked anyway. When are you going Too Cold? Would you mind if I ask you a billion questions when you get back? :-) HA!

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JRB activities

For sure Hondo. We go in feb. Three of us are scuba divers and we are planning to start our 7 year old with snorkling this trip so I will be able to answer more about the reef.