We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money - how much

Kentucky
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Money - how much

I've read alot on here saying to bring lots of $1s and $5s. We're going to be there for 4 days....any suggestions on how much??

Thanks!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money - how much

Depends on how much you like to shop and how easily you are persuaded to purchase items from vendors. It also will depend on your bardering skills. I'd say $100 per adult per day would be enough to have a real enjoyable trip. Of course you could get by for less or spend much more.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money - how much

ckota1, we took $100 in $1 bills for a full week for me and my wife to the Starfish in June.

We started doing this several years ago because when buying something small, or paying a cab, or tipping, it seems that the vendor never has change. While they may be totally honest when saying that, having a fistfull of ones allways does the trick.

3. Re: Money - how much

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 21:17