We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxis from falmouth

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
taxis from falmouth

I know I can get a taxi from Starfish into Falmouth, but how easy is it to get a taxi back?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxis from falmouth

Its real easy plus most taxis that take you will come back for you if you ask them to. They want the return fare as well.

Fort McMurray
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: taxis from falmouth

How far is the taxi ride? Is it a walkable distance?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxis from falmouth

Not really walkable from Starfish to Falmouth. I think its about a 15 minute car ride if my memory serves me right.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,838 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxis from falmouth

Falmouth is about 4 miles from Starfish and there are NO sidewalks. I wouldn't recommend walking, especially at night as the roads aren't well lit either.

There are cabs all over in town. If you want to stay for awhile ask your cabbie how much for one way. If yours does like the one we had he either waited around anyway or left his number for us to call when ready to head back. Doing it this way you're not paying for their time sitting and waiting and seemed to be much cheaper.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxis from falmouth

I agree with the above, it's only about 4 miles but it's not a comfortable walk. I would make a deal with one driver (in front of Starfish) one price for RETURN fare and pay when you return... As mentioned he'll most likely be happy to take both fares.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

6. Re: taxis from falmouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 19:20