We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

Click on link below

cheapcaribbean.com/resortAvailability.jsp…

Great pictures.....none of the beach though. The pics Cheapcaribbean posted look OUTSTANDING!!!!

VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

WOW!!! Getting excited!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

THANKS!

that looks AMAZING!

i'm so glad we stayed on board for this resort...

last week we were pretty close to bailing out.

so, see some of you on saturday...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

i also noticed there's some clarification on the situation of the construction...

NOTE: The resort will eventually have over 1000 rooms once phase 2 and 3 have opened later in 2007. Phase 2 has been constructed already, but the interiors of the rooms will be finshed out during 2007. This will produce no construction noise what so ever. No date has been set yet for the commencement of phase 3.

From Dec 15 to Jan 1, the hotel will be fine tuning the restaurants and other services to ensure optimum performance. There MAY be some light clean up work as the crews finish minor touch up work.

As of Nov 28, the hotel has released the following information - Seafood restaurant will open on/around Jan 10th (All other restaurants will be open Dec 16) - Spa and gym will be open on Dec 15th, but with limited services. Both will be fully operational around Dec 26th.

Birmingham/uk
Level Contributor
9,038 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

I didn't see any information about the beach?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

How is the beach at the Gran bahia Principe jamaica? Is it a walking beach? White sand? Is the water rough?

looks like the hotel has really come a long way.

can't wait ti hear more about it. I am scheduled to go in Feb.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

pictures have now been posted of the beach here:

Click on the following:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g147317-d629722…

Then Click:

Candid traveler photos

They look a-okay to me.

i see sand, i see blue water and i see chairs.

that's all i need.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

Vancouver Kitty - It sounds like you are looking for the same thing I am... and you're going this Saturday! Will you please please post lots of pictures of the beach when you get back (I know there are some here but want to see it in action)... and test out the water for swimming and/or snorkeling.

My boyfriend and I are going Jan 13-20 (age 24 and 26)... would love some tips from a fellow Vancouverite!

Have a great trip!

Janine

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

Oh ya, and has anyone booked with Transat holidays and is getting the free upgrade to the Golden Club? My travel agent said that we get oceanview rooms and a bunch of little upgrades with this, but if someone going soon and getting this package can confirm please let me know!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

We also booked with Transat and got the free upgrade as well, so i'll be sure to post lots of pics and reviews on what exactly that means.

We're going with my fiance (30), my bro (24) and my mom (might be a mom, but she'll be partying with us), i'm 27, so we'll likely be doing much of the same things that you'll be doing while you're there.

i'll keep notes for you :P

i'm totally that kind of traveler anyways!

when i went to vegas last month i had two file folders of notes and printouts with me.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
774 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: FINALLY New Pics of Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica

haha that's awesome! Sounds like we will have some drink reviews from you as well which is always good ;)

Have a great time and I (and I'm sure everyone else here) look forward to your return and reviews... I will try not to bug you until at least 2 days after you get back for pictures! :)