We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where is Beach Bum?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
somers point, nj
Level Contributor
268 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where is Beach Bum?

So, do you think GBP cut off internet access so no more bad reviews can get out? I am leaving for GBP on january 6th and am not sure as of yet what to do. I guess I'll continue to wait and see......

I'm sure if the hotel is as bad as it seems, Cheap Carribean will make right on the situation.

Beach Bum, where are you?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where is Beach Bum?

CC will change your hotel...with no fee. You do have to pay the difference in hotel cost though! Let me know how you make out with them. I would change hotels if I were you! They open at 9am and you would not be the only one calling them, I promise!

VA
Level Contributor
163 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where is Beach Bum?

Beach Bum and ChirroTraveler,

I'm worried.....did GBP take you hostage and take away your internet? I'm ready to call the authorities in Jamaica to send in the SWAT team to facilitate your release....lol.

Jamaica W.I.
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where is Beach Bum?

Here is the telefon # for Gran Bahia Principe

(876) 973 - 7000

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where is Beach Bum?

I called CC this morning and switched to SSB and they did waive the fees.....they are also open 24/7 so you don't have to wait till 9:00....

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where is Beach Bum?

Did they charge you the difference in hotel cost?

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where is Beach Bum?

yea it was a difference of $300 for me....for ALL three of us...not bad for being able to have sanity for the next 20 days....:o)

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where is Beach Bum?

Just making sure they're playing fairly at CC. We switched to the Riu OR (just my husband & I). We probably would have chosen the SSB if we had our kids with us! Have a great time!!!

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
426 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where is Beach Bum?

Thanks playinthesun you too! I didn't choose RIU only because they didn't have coffee pots, i know it is a weird thing but we get up too early to have to wait for the 7:00 coffee.....but now with SSB they don't have coffee makers in the room either and i am just gonna pack one of those single cup ones in the suitcase....plus i just feel comfortable going somewhere i have already been, i took a chance with the GBP and well i have done nothing but stress over whether it was a good decision or not so now i know for sure that i am going on vacation to somewhere that I know i will enjoy!!

9. Re: where is Beach Bum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 11:19