We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in the Blue Mtns

Aurora, Colorado
2 posts
Save Topic
Lodging in the Blue Mtns

I will be visiting Jamaica (4th time!) during July and would like to see the Blue Mtns this time as well as other previous locations visited in the past. For the Blue Mtns, I read that there is a place called Wildflower Lodge and Whitfield Hall but I'm having difficulty getting a website so I can check it out. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

tripadvisor.com/…32578336

That thread has a lot of good info for you...

Chelle

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

just found this which should help too... wildflower may not have a website, not sure, but there's contact info in here

bluemountains-jamaica.net/Blue%20Mountain%20…

Chelle

Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

Thanks for your time and info on this. I glanced at the link but need to get ready for an appointment right now. I will certainly let you know what developments. Thanks again! I'm so thrilled to get to go and see another aspect of Jamaica. I also plan on staying there several days as well. Tell me a little about your stay or hike there....

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

I have stayed over at Wildflower lodge, great views, and a very nice garden with all sorts of flowers. I could dig up phone number for them if you are interested.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,739 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

matt... the contact info is in the link i posted in the second reply...

i've never personally made it to peak, but plan to make the trek someday soon.. i've been up as far as Sommerset, St Thomas (not too too far from Hagley Gap), camping at the school grounds accompanying a local youth group ... was an experience... the place is beautiful, the people amazing, the weather was very chilly and damp, so while i'm sure it's said many times, it sould definately be stressed that layers and waterproofing are a MUST!

Enjoy

Chelle

Jamaica
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

No worries Chelle, I didn't open the attachment.

You won't get to Wildflower lodge or Whitfield Hall from Hagley Gap without a 4wd, I think it was a 3 hour walk up the hill.

Colorado
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

Yes please pass on a telephone number. I found a place and sent an e-mail last week but haven't heard back yet. Your swift reply is very much appreciated. I want to finalize plans as best as possible. Tell me a little about your stay and experience there as well. Thanks !

8. Re: Lodging in the Blue Mtns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2017, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Blue Mountains...