We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paging ricky b

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
804 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
paging ricky b

Hi there, I was reading through many of the posts and noticed you had some great in site to Puerto Rico since you are a local. I was wondering if you could help me...I posed a question about an hour ago about my honeymoon in PR. We are planning on Oct 3-8 and are worried about the weather. I read in the travel books it is hurricane/rainy season but my travel agent said 'it's a great time to go.' what do you think? does it rain a lot in early Oct? What about hurricanes? Should we go somewhere else? I really LOVE Puerto Rico from what I have read. Thanks

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paging ricky b

Well honestly dont wory about the weather. Because as youve probably seen before, weather here isnt rain all day, weather here is quick passing showers. Unless there is some system around, your trip wont be ruined because of rain.

-Yes it is hurricane season, so keep and eye out, and if there is a hurricane, you dont have to cancel, unless it is 100% for sure that it will hit... they are usually just close calls... and october really isnt an active time for Puerto Rico (hurricane wise)

-But since this is low season, I believe the prices are lower and you wont be in between a bunch of tourists.

*If there is a hurricane... either ride it out, come after or just cancel all together... thats really all you can do.

-Ricky

nyc
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: paging ricky b

Ricky, I'm leaving for the El Conquistador tomorrow morning. Have you heard anything about stormy weather other than the typical tropical showers. I heard it is very stormy in south Florida and was wondering if you heard of any unusual weather headed your way. Thanks again for all the great info!

moumou98

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paging ricky b

Nope, dont worry. No rain at all... I heard we might get a little front for mothers day sunday, but it shifted to the north and we wont be getting anything out of the typical fast shower... atleast not until mid week.

-Ricky

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paging ricky b

New to tripadvisor, (a local guest house owner Rincon)I have noticed what a great job you are doing, it's really nice to see some one else who loves the Island, and offers such honest excellent advice, keep up the good work!