We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in Rincon, PR

Rincon, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in Rincon, PR

Does anyone out there have any idea as to whom a group of us should dive with when we go to Rincon, PR. I have been doing some extensive research and I have found two dive operations...one oceans unlimited, and the other tiano divers. WE are interested in diving Desesechio island and look forward to good visibility with good people. Any recomendations?????

Apopka, FL
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in Rincon, PR

Either one of those is ok. They both operate scuba trips to Desecheo island. The diving out there is excellent virtually anytime of the year.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in Rincon, PR

Did you ever dive The Wall in La Parguera, Lajas?

It is amazingly beautiful and I highly recommend.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in Rincon, PR

Taino Divers is the only boat leaving from Rincon to Desecheo, if you are staying in Rincon this is far more convenient, all other boats leave from Cabo Roja, an hour's drive from Rincon, both operator's offer professional crews and equipment

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving in Rincon, PR

Taino Divers is the only boat leaving from Rincon to Desecheo, if you are staying in Rincon this is far more convenient, all other boats leave from Cabo Roja, an hour's drive from Rincon, both operator's offer professional crews and equipment

Sydney, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving in Rincon, PR

I would AVOID Oceans Unlimited. They have a "No Refund" policy even when THEY give you the wrong information about pick up times and you miss the boat. Also, no refunds if you are only 5 mins late and the boat leaves or you can't dive because your sinuses are playing up. One of the owners is rude, argumentative, talks over the top of you and it would seem, has no ethics. I would dive elsewhere with people more passionate about diving rather than money.