We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surfing

Columbus, OH
1 post
Save Topic
surfing

My husband and I are beginner surfers and we are thinking about travelling down to Puerto Rico in June. Does anyone know of a good place for us to go?

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surfing

The west coast is the place to be, Rincon the most famous and welcoming, however there is really no swell in the summer months, things pick up during hurricaine season, and then nov-april, you would be better to delay your vacation, early December is usually the least crowded, and nice waves!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surfing

There is plenty of surfing in Puerto Rico, every coast of the island, except for the south, has good surfing beaches. Im about 99.9% sure that there arent places to surf in the south, these waters tend to be calmer, for they are protected and in the Caribbean. The most known places for surfing in are, in the east , LA PARED, in Luquillo and in the west Isabela, and Rincon are full of great spots.

-Ricky

PS Never been there, but ive heard that in Arecibo, in the north, there is good surfing.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surfing

we just got back from Rincon with my 15 year old son who is into surfing, however he just brought his body board and did that. He had a great time. I think Rincon will be fine for you both this time of year, since you are just beginners. Rincon has alot of spots and little beaches along the coast for this. We found the best waves at Pools. Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy!