We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
Save Topic
Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

From a press release I just saw ...

"Christmas in Paradise," a two-hour movie, was filmed entirely on the Island of Puerto Rico. The film, starring Charlotte Ross ("Beggars and Choosers") and Colin Ferguson ("Eureka"), is the story of two bereaved families who meet aboard a Caribbean Christmas cruise ship and end up experiencing the magic of the holidays and romance through the unique sights, customs and people of Puerto Rico. The families explore the Island, visit the Spanish fort, El Morro, shop in Old San Juan, taste traditional Puerto Rican cuisine, and partake in the celebrations and excitement of Puerto Rico during the holidays. The movie stands out from other Christmas-themed movies because it is a juxtaposition of the conventional. Snowy landscapes are replaced with sun-drenched Puerto Rican beaches and the traditional North American Santa Claus is replaced with symbols and traditions of The Three Kings.

Here's a link for all the details ... www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl…

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

awesome, thanks for sharing.

dont tend to watch Lifetime much but will try to remember and watch this! There was another few movies that Lifetime made in Puerto Rico, i watched one of them. It was also in Old San Juan and I think Luquillo (but the mountain area). It was about a girl that gets kidnapped or something like that... beautiful shots, so so acting. But so what, I didnt watch it for the acting, I just wanted to see Puerto Rico.

Mentioned in this post
Luquillo
Luquillo
Puerto Rico
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,412 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

Thanks, sound like something very nice. I'll be in Disney, but now I can set my DVR to record it.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

I'm very excited! Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
871 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

Thanks,

I will finally watch something on the Lifetime channel. No offense to anyone who likes the channel.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

LOL!!!

BTW, if you explore the Lifetime page on this a bit, there is a link to enter a contest for a free trip to Puerto Rico!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

Thanks, Ray! Will watch it for sure!!

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

this movie is today.

let's see, i have no big hope since most (if not all) hollywood movies do not know what to do with anything beyond Mexico and northern central america, portraying us like caribbean mexicans or something weird and cliched like that.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
871 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

I really enjoyed this movie. Thanks Ray for letting us know about it. Here in the NE we have had endless gray, snow, sleet,etc, or so it seems. I am happy to report that I am on a 6 week count down till I can see those sights and feel the kind breezes of Puerto Rico again.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
199 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

OK, I'll be Siskel of "Siskel & Ebert"...it was a "cheesy" movie-but it was on Lifetime-what do you expect?? :) I loved seeing the sites of Viejo San Juan-why was Ponce De Leon's house covered in one of the shots? Didn't they get a release??

But other than the Grand Melia...nothing else of San Juan was shown...I so was hoping for some tours...El Yunque, Luquillo, Biobay...yet it was a 2 hour movie...

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Luquillo
Luquillo
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas in Paradise - new film on Lifetime TV Dec 15

Kind of lame, but cute film. Very accurate on music & traditions. Stupid scenes about the stolen 3 Kings stautes in OSJ! Nice cameo apperance from several local actors! Too little of OSJ shown, too much of Paradisus (Grand Melia) with has an awful beach- of course not shown. Could have shown more beaches also and other nicer sites, which are a lot more interesting than the dialogue.