We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Castillo Villa del Mar - Naguabo

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
El Castillo Villa del Mar - Naguabo

I'm at a loss and thought I'd ask here...

Anyone have information about this old victorian house in Naguabo?

It's on the National Historic Register, but all I seem to find about it is that is has served as a restaurant and art gallery over the years.

What's haunting me: we went inside the house in October and there are three separate areas with swastika designed mosaic tile floors, including the front porch and in the back of the house.

It made my hair stand on end when I saw it. Some local residents told me a Nazi doctor built the house and he performed abortions and that the house was considered haunted. Not sure how true this is, but there has to be some story about that haunting tile floor.

Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Castillo Villa del Mar - Naguabo

Actually, I've looked at the video today and the 'swastika' is in the opposite direction of the Nazi one and I believe it is a Hindu and Buddhist symbol of positive meaning.

And, obviously the home predates the Nazi era, so I apologize for the misunderstanding. D'oh!

But, I'd still love to know any further information about the house. It was such a grand home.

Thanks!

Caguas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: El Castillo Villa del Mar - Naguabo

hi, im Nikole and i leave near naguabo...Im from Caguas, and i've been trying to get inside that house, i once dreamed about it when i was like 6-7 years old. but i haven't got the chance yet, and i am trying to find info about the house too. and about the house that is inside Villa del Mar castle, the one that is in ruins now, everything i know about the house in ruins is that it was burn down 2 times, by the same cause, but the most curious and spoky thing about that is that the woman that in victorian era died there look almos the same as the one who died for the second fire lots of years later. i would like to talk to you if there is no problem.

here is my email

please it is important to me

babygyrl_259@hotmail.com

3. Re: El Castillo Villa del Mar - Naguabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 00:19