We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

new york
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

I want to take a trip with a friend next year, around april/2009 she wants to go to Colubre (not sure of the spelling) and i wanted to know if anyone else has been there. Its in Pueto Rico she said we land in san juan then take a boat to this island the name is suppose to translate to mean cobra

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

Culebra, the Spanish Virgin islands. There is a specific forum and lots of info on the web. You can fly from San Juan, Fajardo or take a ferry. What information are you looking for?

http://www.culebra.org/

http://www.islaculebra.com/index.htm

welcome.topuertorico.org/city/culebra.shtml

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

let me just say, i get a kick out of the imagination people get when trying to spell some names... lol

hope that doesnt offend you.

it is Culebra and it translates in to snake.

well, Puerto Rico is actually not Puerto Rico, it is the archipelago of Puerto Rico, because the entire "nation" is actually dozens of small islands and one big one which is what people tend to call Puerto Rico.

of those small islands two of the larger ones have towns on them and are municipalities, Culebra and Vieques.

Culebra is the smallest of the two, it has a small town area and a few good beaches. Culebra's positive side is that it has one of the world's best beaches, Flamenco with pretty good facilities. Culebra is also good if you want to get away from it all and completely relax, because there is really not much to do and the island really is very small.

If you do not ming just a two or three beaches and one of them being spectacular Flamenco Beach, then go for Culebra.

But in my opinion, Culebra is great for a day or two, just to soak in Flamenco if you are an active person.

Vieques on the other hand is larger, has nightlife, has many beaches and more exploring to be had.

Depends what you want... one awesome beach, isolation and relaxation or many perfect beaches and some fun nights.

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,215 Reviews
Puerto Rico
new york
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

I'm not affended because i did say not sure of spelling but since you had to mention my mishap re-read what you wrote and check your grammar. Thank you for the information. also after i sent this message i found out the correct spelling and i saw some pretty terrific pictures.

thanks again for your imput.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

Nah, I don't think you'll like Culebra.

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

You don't just land in San Juan and hop on a boat-you have to first get out to the eastern end of the main island where the ferry is-assuming that is what friend meant by boat.

Ferries leave from Fajardo, and getting there is aprox 45 min plus or minus a few from San Juan via car. You can take a cab-fare is fixed around $85 I think.

A lot of people prefer another short flight over to Culebra. If you are seriously thinking about it, do searches in this forum, and you will find lots of info about cab, Fajardo, Ferries, flights over there, etc.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
Fajardo
Fajardo
Puerto Rico
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

Culebra is the best place ever.

This is the place to stay - http://www.culebrabeachrental.com/ - or you can go camping at Flamenco Beach.

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,215 Reviews
Puerto Rico
7. Re: Trying to find out information on Colubre, PR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 14:15