We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental tip

Sebewaing, Michigan
Level Contributor
382 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
car rental tip

I was checking on a car rental for January, and difference locations were different prices.

If you're looking at Enterprise, for instance, check out the Ave. Isla Verde, Carolina location. It was almost $70 cheaper for the week. The off-airport locations close earlier, so that might be a drawback.

I like to use carrentals.com but they don't show you every location for each company so make sure to check the company website as well.

My best tip is to book early with no deposit, if you can, and keep checking for a better deal or a discount code.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Verde
Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental tip

Charlie car rental in Avenida Isla Verde works 24 hr a day.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Verde
Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental tip

You pay an airport access fee and extra taxes when you rent from the airport.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
165 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental tip

We are arriving in Puerto Rico on Christmas Day - we are nervous about getting a taxi (are there vans available? There will be 4 of us and luggage?) - but if it would be cheaper to rent a car the next day outside the airport, it might be a good idea to take a taxi from the airport (staying in Isla Verde Carolina). Car rental places near the El San Juan Hotel? Recommendations as to who to stay away from and who to go with? Any advice you can give would be great...

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Caribbean
Isla Verde
Isla Verde
Puerto Rico
Vieques
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental tip

gldnpear, I might suggest you start you own thread. BUT no problem getting a Taxi on Christmas day, San Juan is a tourist oriented town and Christmas day is important butit isn't as big as Three Kings day, New Years or even Mothers day in PR.

Mentioned in this post
San Juan
San Juan
Puerto Rico
5. Re: car rental tip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 11:20