We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Chicago ,Il
8 posts
Save Topic
Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Can anyone recommend a resort or hotel with a Infinity Pool ( a pool that extends to the outer edges of the pool overlooking the ocean so when your sitting in it.. it appears as if its spilling over into the ocean ) I know las casitas has one but they are over my budget (wanted to keep it under $200 for the night ) am willing to travel ...will consider Culebra and Vieques too ..any help is greatly appreciated !

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

THe Horned Dorset has one also, but they are more than the Casitas. I can't think of any others and I have stayed at lots of places. There are private rentals I'm sure that would have them, but as soon as you get a pool at a private rental, prices go way up.

Chicago ,Il
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Thanks for the suggestion ..I did look at horned dorset ...looks beauitful but out of my price range .

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,374 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

The El Conquistador is perched on a cliff over looking the ocean. The view from the pool and the pool deck are wonderfull. Not an infinity pool but a lovely view. The Radison Ambassidor has there pool on the top floor. It also has a nice view. The Caribe Hilton also has a nice pool area as does the Condado Plaza both with views of the ocean.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Renaissance La Concha in Condado has one right on the beach. I didn't get into it, to see the perspective, but they are calling it that and this picture angle looks about right...

…marriott.com/propertyimages/…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Copamarina has one.

If you are down low, you can't see the beach beyond, and all you see is the Caribbean.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

One of the best views from a hotel is at the El Conquistador, and they do have an infinity pool, just not the hotels main pool.

At Las Casitas, the villas, they have an infinity pool that looks as if it falls off the cliff into the sea...

Very picturesque.

Chicago ,Il
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

Thanks to all for your responses ..we have decided on La Concha ...sooo excited !!:0)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

I think you're going to really enjoy your choice.

We sure enjoyed our stay there this June.

In addition to the pool on the beach, the pool within the grounds is wonderful as well. And the hotel has a great gym with an amazing view of the ocean. Of course Lobby and Solera Bars are cool and chic on weekend evenings.

As Condi Naste Traveler notes it's one of Condi Nast's Hot List Nights 2008:

concierge.com/tools/…la_concha_solera

9. Re: Infinity Pool In Puerto Rico ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 23:21