We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Zoni questions!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Zoni questions!

Hi!

Couple questions about Zoni beach.

Approx. how long by car does it take to reach from the ferry dock?

Is it suitable for swimming (will be there in February)? Any good snorkeling there?

Thanks!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Zoni questions!

Anyone?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Zoni questions!

Hi Melissa,

Well, I "zoned" out on the drive and didn't pay attention to the time it took, but it wasn't that long, perhaps 20-30 minutes? It's not far, but takes some time to navigate some of the hills and slopes. You'll do fine if you rent a Jeep.

The swimming was great for us this last June. There are some nice "pool" areas where you can sit and take in the crystal clear warm water. Or go out a bit for swimming.

Although it's not listed as one of the snorkeling beaches, there's of reef just off-shore and we saw some amazing colorful fan coral and lots of fish too when we snorkled there. Take care as you navigate your way out to snorkle, as the water around some of the reef is very shallow.

Bring water with you to Zoni -- there's none available there.

I hope you check it out!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Zoni questions!

Thanks a lot!

Those were all the answers I was hoping for! I figured it couldn't be too far when I looked on a map. Now that I know I'll definitely plan a stop there.

4. Re: Playa Zoni questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 15:18