We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurant

VANCOUVER
Level Contributor
290 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite restaurant

We are only staying one day and night in the San Juan area. I know there are lots of places to eat. What are your favorite places for lunch and dinner? I would like to try at least one with really good Puerto Rican food. Nothing fancy, good food and maybe some music or entertainment.

We will be in and around Old San Juan in the day and we can go just about anywhere for dinner.

Thanks

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,414 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite restaurant

Bebo's is my favorite lunch spot.

http://www.beboscafe.com/

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite restaurant

In Old San Juan choose any of these three for a Puerto Rican lunch: Raices (in Recinto Sur Street), Manolín or El Jibarito. I do not remember the names of the streets for the last two but you can ask any policeman and they will give you directions. All within walking distance, all very good.

For dinner, there are many good choices in the typical tourist zones, say Old San Juan, Condado and Isla Verde. Different restaurants will have live entertainment on different nights of the week, you might want to call ahead and find out. Some of my favorites:

In Old San Juan: Dragonfly, Il Baccaro, Barrachina, Aguaviva, Toro Salao and Parrot Club.

In Condado: Budatai, Wasabe, Ummo, Yerbabuena (this one has good live entertainment), Ramiro's, Tijuana's, La Via Appia, Danny's International Pizza, Cherry Blossom.

In Isla Verde: Bambuddah, Che's, Casa Dante, La Atlantica, and several inside the El San Juan Hotel.

Buen Provecho!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite restaurant

I'll agree with Manolín (on Calle San Justo) and El Jiberito (on Calle Sol). But not Raices.

For a list of of favorite restaurants, take a look at www.puertoricodaytrips.com/restaurants/

Hope this helps!

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite restaurant

Raices in the historic district, great puertorican food, excellent. also Casa Botin (restaurant and bar) for spanish flamenco dancing and music in the same street were Raices is located.

MA
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite restaurant

Can someone recommend a great lunch spot in the SJ area on the water or a water view, (no fast food or snack bar)

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite restaurant

Pamela's in Ocean Park.

You can get a table right in the sand!

www.puertoricodaytrips.com/restaurants/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
114 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite restaurant

We LOVED El Jibarito for authentic Puerto Rican...their homemade rum punch was awesome too!! We also liked Raices for dinner. Aguaviva was a little too techno/clubby feeling for us and way overpriced in my opinion. Have fun!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite restaurant

Definitely, for real PR food for LUNCH go where puertorricans...Manolin's. Good tasty food, reasonable price, the Beefsteak encebollado, filet en salsa criolla and the tasajo are very good, among others.

9. Re: Favorite restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 13:18