We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Addison, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

I am honeymooning in PR for 10 days in May. We are in Old San Juan for 3 nights, and spending the rest of our time elsewhere. Our time in San Juan is booked.

We would like to do a zip line tour but not while we are staying in San Juan. We'll be in Rio Grande for two nights, but apparently there are no zip line tours in El Yunque?? SO just hiking there. Already doing biobay, kayaking, and hiking there.

Where is a good spot to stay (perhaps on the western part of the island) close to zip line tours??

We'll have a rental car and would rather drive ourselves to the tours if possible.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

There are zip lines in El Yunque heres the link to one:

www.bateyziplineadventure.blogspot.com/

I would suggest checking into Vieques and Culebra for some of your stay as well. On the west coast Rincon is a popular spot.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Yes, there are ziplines in El Yunque!

That Batey/Acampa the previous poster mentioned just opened.

There is also www.Canopypr.com in Rio Grande.

Also, Aventuras Tierra has one: http://www.adventurespr.com/

While you are in the rainforest area- Check into ATV and horseback riding at Hacienda Carabali just at the base of the rainforest.

puertoricodaytrips.com/hacienda-carabali-atv/

Addison, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Thanks - Batey Zipline Adventure looks perfect (not the new El Yunque one). They have zipline tours with cave tours in the western part of the island near Utuado - perfect! We've sent in an inquiry.

ATV excursion is a good idea while we're in the Rio Grande area. Hopefully we won't be too pooped from hiking in the morning!

Side note -

Aventuras Tierra - Too expensive. While we are all about outdoor adventure, we are definitely not going to pay $364 for two people to zip line. We've done zip lines much longer, higher, and over more dramatic scenery in Costa Rica for less than half the cost of the Aventuras trip. $182 per person, REALLY!?!

florida
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

If you are going to be near the east we highly recomend Yunke Zipline Adventure , is from the same guides of Batey Zipline Adventure ( if your going to be in north or the west then Batey is super), they just open 3 week ago in el yunque and their advertized hasent reach every were, neither their web is completed. Me and my family went on both and they nare really proffesionals...Gooo for it. Irie.

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Batey pops right up in a google search for "zip line el yunque"... should help alot.

Addison, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Florida - thanks! Was looking for something on the west side I think, but it's good to know they are a good company! We just sent in an inquiry tonight.

z - Already found Batey, as noted above, with the help of Flowers. Thanks anyhow.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
616 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

Here is the website http://yunkezipline.wordpress.com/ I hope that anyone else that tries this comes back to tripadvisor and gives a review. I love ziplines but there are some serious safety issues and I don't think there is any agency that oversees this industry.

Addison, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

If safety is a concern, the Original Canopy Tour has an excellent reputation. I don't know if there is any outside agency watching these groups, but Original Canopy Tour watches themselves VERY well. "Over 1 million safe zip-liners."

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
806 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

desa: Its the bad ones we need to know about....lol

10. Re: Zip line tours from OUTSIDE San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 04:18