We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Many of the other forums have held Meet and Greets, however I have never seen one on here. I attended one in Seattle, and it was a lot of fun.

I will be in Aguadilla on June 12th, and will be going on a ride with Tropical Trail Rides. Anyone else interested? Maybe a 2 hour ride, and then lunch somewhere close?

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Sign me up +1 to lunch.

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

I will look forward to that, ChinaSupay.

I spoke with Michelle at Tropical Trail Rides this morning. Times available for a 2 hour ride are 10:00 AM, or 3:30 PM. Anything inbetween is too hot right now. A 10:00 AM, and then a bite to eat somewhere sounds good to me if it's not too early for anyone else.

Any restaurant suggestions close by?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

For lunch I suggest Happy Belly in Jobos. Anthony Bourdain had lunch( suppossly the best Mofongo) at Sonia Rican at the beach

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Hiya Guys,

In good conscience I have to steer you Away from Happy Belly's in Isabela. As of last year they are under "New Management" and sadly now the Food IS HORRIBLE !! I a had lunch and dinner on separate days last September .. thought maybe the bad lunch was a fluke so I brought friends of mine and 1st time PR visitors there for dinner a couple of days later and >>> YUK !! I was embarrassed AND disappointed to say the least.

After dinner I found out then they changed owners/management :(

Still Great Place for drinks with a GREAT view though :)

Sorry I'm going to miss you all but ahhhh but there's always September .. Will Let you Know :)

MsDoDa

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

I have to agree with you on that one doda. Last time I was there, not only was the food terrible, but the place was very much in need of a thorough cleaning. Let's hope the new management addresses these problems. It used to be one of my favorite places.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

I loved to join everyone. But won't be in PR probably until next spring. In Vegas now and had a meet and greet last Saturday. They are nice. Good to meet the people you get to know on the forum. Have fun!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Would love to, but we're just touching down that morning.

If you do any other meet and greats during the next several days after the 12th, I'd love to try to attend!

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

In the Isabela beach area I suggest Ocean Front Restaurant. The food is good and the view at the terrace is great.

Here is the menu, so you can check prices and offerings: http://www.oceanfrontpr.com/menu.html

Some other restaurants at road 110 from Aguadilla to Isabela:

One Ten Thai - http://onetenthai.com/

Cocina Creativa - I don't have their web site, but I do have their menu and it looks great. I't has healthy eclectic but not necessarily Vegan/Vegetarian food.

Keep me posted on When and Where. =)

Lake Placid, Florida
Level Contributor
620 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

The Ocean Front has wonderful food, and they are open for lunch on Fridays. Hopefully, we will get some more people chiming in here. :-) Maybe during the week was a bad idea, but I'm flying out late Fri night to come home. Any suggestions?

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Rico Meet and Greet?

Thank you so much to let me know about Happy Belly. I've been suggesting it to everybody, but I actually have not been there for the past 2 years. That's why I love this forum, alway's keeping people up to date

thanks again