We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wish I Was There Now

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Wish I Was There Now

It's so cold here and Feb seems like forever to wait to visit. Boy I can't wait to sit on the beach with a nice drink, feet in the sand and just relax.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,825 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wish I Was There Now

Well it's very cold here too, I am freezing. I am going to have some chicken soup to warm up. I thing it\s 80 today.You may think that's warm, but when you live in P. R. 80 it's pretty cold.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wish I Was There Now

Thanks a lot, just what I need to hear:)

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wish I Was There Now

Hey Dian,

At least Bunny is not shovelling the "s" word. (SNOW)

Which is exactly what you will be doing in about 24 hours.

Level Contributor
176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wish I Was There Now

I will be in SJ in a few days. I see lots of rain in weather forecast. I hope not too much! Will I need a light jacket or sweater for evenings? Can you recommend a place for Xmas & new year's eve? I will be staying at the Marriott in Isla Verde for Xmas and Holiday Inn Isla Verde for NYE. The rest of the time I will be in Rincon.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,001 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wish I Was There Now

I'm in PR right now and loving every minute of it. The weather is great, and everyone is in holiday mood. I don't miss PA at all!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wish I Was There Now

MacKenzie, There is no need for a light jacket unless you are spending your vacations in Aibonito, Adjuntas or Cayey (at night) mountain towns . The weather in the Metro area is not cool at all... you'll still need to turn on the AC at night. Regarding rain, the weather in the tropics is unpredictable. There might be showers in the afternoons , but not continuos rain. When it rains in the west, there is sun in the east. Just make your plans flexible and you'll be ok.

Level Contributor
176 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wish I Was There Now

thanks for your response. I didnt want to be unprepared if we go out for an evening stroll along the beach at night. I dont mind tropical showers - I think they are fun, as long as they dont last from dawn to dusk. After two months of snow and cold in the CO Rockies - we need all the sun we can get.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wish I Was There Now

uptobat, my son will be shoveling and plowing (with my help, of course). My husband had hernia surgery recently, so he gets a pass. Well, I'll be making lots of hot chocolate later.

9. Re: Wish I Was There Now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2010, 05:18