We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

Northern Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

Our flight out of San Juan leaves at 6 a.m. If we need to return our car rental by 5 a.m., will the rental agency be open or have drop-off arrangements? Or is it better to return the car the day before and take a taxi in the morning, if any are available?

Royal Palm Beach...
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

You are going to have to find out from your rental agency if they run a 24 hour operation and if they are on site at SJU. The answer to your question depends on what you find out from your inquiry. Also important is how close you are staying to SJU the night before.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

I believe Charlies is open 24 hours, not positive. A quick call or e-mail will answer that question.

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

some airport car rental companies will have a key drop off box at the counter to accommodate travelers b/4 the rental place even opens for business. But like the other posters mentioned, you'll have to ask the rental company directly.

Northern Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

Thanks for the help. I did check into it and found that Dollar has 24 hour service and made my reservation with them. Now we're ready for our early flight!

5. Re: EARLY morning flight- drop off car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 06:18