We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer in PR returns home.

California
Level Contributor
277 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First timer in PR returns home.

First I want to thank all of you that answered my many questions before our trip. What I learned through the forum and reviews helped a great deal. We stayed 6 days 5 nights at Wyndham Rio Mar returning today. I'll be doing reviews on the hotel and some of the restaurants soon. A bit tired now. I did want to post some things that other first timers might find helpful. Here goes:

The Weather - I spent too much time worried about the rain. It rained 30 minutes a couple of times or we could see rain clouds in the distance. It was no problem at all, sun shined before and after, ocean was always warm!

Rent a CAR - Can not imagine our vacation being a success without a rental car. Spent 150.00 for the week. Less than the cost of the airport transfers. Our hotel gave us easy printed directions to everywhere we wanted to go.

El Yunque - Don't skip this! Loved hiking to La Mina. Water was a bit cold but I was not leaving PR without getting under that waterfall.

Restaurants - The food at the hotel was really expensive so we wanted to get out and experience local cuisine. I'll be doing reviews on a couple of restaurants but here is something everyone should know. Every restaurant we went to took forever. Expect to wait at least 30 minutes for your meal so order an appetizer if your really hungry. Our favorites, Ismar Bakery, Antojitos and La Parillo, La Parilla was probably one of the best meals I have had anywhere. A bit expensive but so worth it!

Hope this is helpful to other first timers!

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer in PR returns home.

Glad you vacation was a success. Would love to read your trip report !

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer in PR returns home.

Nice report. Thank you for taking the time to post it. Restaurants in PR, tend to cook things freshly and not have them pre cooked and ready to go. That is a good point to remember.

3. Re: First timer in PR returns home.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 06:56