We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best part of puerto rico to stay

Woodbury, Minnesota
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best part of puerto rico to stay

I have a conference at the wyndam rio mar in october. I usually find a condo to stay at while on vacation and am wondering where the best area of puerto rico is to begin searching. My wife and I are looking for a place on the beach, but it dosen't need to be 5 star. We prefer to explore the area rather than sit at a hotel. We are planing to go snorkeling, visit the rain forest, fort, and old san juan. Any info on preferred locations with less chance of rain is greatly appreciated. thanks scott

El Yunque Rain Forest
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
La Marquesa Forest Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Forests
Guanica Dry Forest
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Forests
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
8,393 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best part of puerto rico to stay

Cheppi. Puerto Rico is not small. You will want to stay around the Rio Mar. Rincon is very nice and you can get some great places right on the beach and watch a wonderful sunset while grilling on the BBQ. But 6 hour commute (2.5 - 3 hours each way) would be a bit much. Rio Mar itself has many privately owned Condos. It's a large resort. That's where you probably should look. Check out VRBO.com Flipkey.com or Greatrentals.com. 3 sites that have properties listed. Renting a car is a must, so work on that. Everything else will be within 45 minutes drive of Rio Mar. San Juan, Fajardo for the snorkeling trips. El Yunque rain forest etc.

San Juan
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best part of puerto rico to stay

Have you thought of renting an Ocean Villa in Rio Mar? How many days you'll be at the conference? Or you may check condo rentals in Luquillo or Fajardo...

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best part of puerto rico to stay

Yeah- narrow your search down to Rio Grande, Luquillo or Fajardo.

A car is a must.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,943 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best part of puerto rico to stay

Less chance of rain?

You're coming to the tropics in October ... the high-point of hurricane season.

5. Re: Best part of puerto rico to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 08:17