We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

San Diego...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

Hi - I am looking for a hotel (hopefully, something all-inclusive or something with a pool/near the beach) for a weekend with my sister and sister in law. Our goals are pretty much just relaxing near a pool/beach. We're looking to go mid-February. Any suggestions?

San Juan Snorkel and Picnic Cruise
707 reviews
from US$83.00*
Culebra Day Trip by Catamaran from...
291 reviews
from US$113.00*
Special Offer
Old San Juan Sunset Sail
32 reviews
from US$66.50*
US$95.00
Old San Juan Food Tour
268 reviews
from US$92.19*
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

There is no all inclusives in Puerto Rico (except one mirror AI, but not like AI as we know). Is relaxing only is your only activity you have in mind? Thinking about renting a car? Give us few more details to assist you. There are some possibilities, but just ensure you get the best advise.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
50 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

Our main agenda is relaxing (with some cocktails) and maybe some sightseeing. We all live in different parts of the country so we just want to spend some fun beach/pool time together. We weren't planning on renting a car, but if it's recommended, we probably will. As for price range, we'd probably like a room that's in the $200 range.

Thanks!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

Hi Honeymoon, Are you coming all the way from LA for a weekend? Well, if so you definitely want to stay in San Juan so that once off the plane you can be at your hotel in minutes. $200 per night in February won't get you you into the nicer venues but I'll mention a few any way. For the best pool beach relaxation combo consider the Intercontinental in Isla Verde, 5 minutes from the airport. For the same experience, but with high styling nightlife try the El San Juan next door. To be more in the middle of things, Try either the La Concha, Marriot Stellaris or the Conrad Condado Plaza in the Condado neighborhood. The beach is not as nice, but the area is more walkable.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
498 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

Hi honeymoon. i know one shouldn't ask a ladys' age but can you give a ballpark? are you interested in nightlife at all, if so what kind? this'll help guide my recommendation for you

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

I would recommend either Isle Verde or Condado area. The beach is nicer in Ilse Verde, but I feel the Condado area has more in the way of restaurants, etc.

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

For $200 a night in February, I don't think you will be able to get any of the hotels mentioned, specially after you add the tax (aprox. 20%). You should consider renting an apartment. There are beachfront vacation rentals next to all these hotels they mentioned. You can see them here:

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r7735

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

Isla verde for sure.. but your price range at the beach not likely. There are other options in Isla Verde, but not on the beach. Like the Embassy suites and Hampton Inn, these are about 2 blocks from beach about 7 min. walk. You can hang out at the beach and do some night life at the El San Juan Hotel, which is a 5 min. walk to the hotels I mentioned above. If you want to sight see, you are close to the major attractions. Have fun.

8. Re: Looking for a hotel for a girl's getaway weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 05:16