We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico Wedding advice

New York, soon to...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Hello All,

My fiancee and I would love to have our wedding in Puerto Rico. I am from NY and she is from Chicago. She is Puerto Rican, I am not. We felt it would be a really nice way to have it in a somewhat neutral spot and keep it small, simple and beautiful. We are thinking of inviting maybe 80 people, thinking that 50 would come, probably less. We might have to pay for most ourselves, so we are not looking for anything extravagant. I think the most important thing is a beautiful beachfront location with beautiful water and scenery. I want it to be reasonably easy and comfortable for guests to arrive from available airports. We do not necessarily need a dj or any other things like that, but would like a nice ceremony and a simple reception (possibly outdoors as well) with good food.

I have gotten information from Copamarina, Hilton Ponce, Wyndham Rio Mar, San Juan Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott.

We would love something beautiful and simple, but not sure if we will be able to get that without really breaking the bank. Any info would be appreciated.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
138 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Hi and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

If you are willing to consider the west coast of Puerto Rico, I think you could definitely find a spot to fit your wishes and your budget. Rincón is a 2.5 hour drive from San Juan Airport but is also served by the Aguadilla Airport (code BQN, 30 minute drive), with flights from Newark, JFK, Orlando and Ft Lauderdale.

You can find out LOTS more information about having a wedding in our area in the wedding issue of our local publication, 'El Coqui'. That issue is available here: coquirincon.com/december_coqui_compressed.pdf

Feel free to ask any questions that you might have while further researching your options. Happy to help! :-)

Again, congrats and happy planning!

Miri

Edited: 17 October 2010, 12:40
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,791 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Congrads and I'm sure wherever you pick the wedding will be wonderful.. Nothing like getting married on the beach.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

check out

www.enchanted-isle.com

New York, soon to...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

I think we have decided that we want to be close to San Juan or in San Juan to make it convenient for guests and to be close to nightlife. We are thinking about a morning or early afternoon wedding with just a simple brunch or lunch afterwards, no DJ or anything extravagant.

connecticut
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Try Hacienda Siesta Alegre or Loma Sol. It's not beachy but it is very beautiful and probably give you the feeling you are looking for. They offer discounted rates for weekdays and sundays so you oculd probably keep pretty simple and there isn't much decoration needed because there is so much natural greenery.

www.haciendasiestaalegre.com

www.lomasol.com

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Do not go with the hotel type arrangements. I've seen some of those beach weddings and they are pretty cheesy and the wind ruins everything. Not as romantic as in the movies. Go with a local small Inn that can accomodate traveling guests, like someone suggested.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

Try Numero Uno Guesthouse in Ocean Park. I don't kniw how many rooms they have, but there are other Guesthouses in the area or stay in Isla Verde ( 10 min. ride) They have Pamelas, which is a great indoor/outdoor Restaurant on the beach. I think that would be great for an intimate Wedding.

Edited: 04 January 2011, 15:31
8. Re: Puerto Rico Wedding advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2011, 05:15