We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

We intend going for a 10 days honeymoon vacation, at the end of July, in Puerto Rico. Would you people be so kind to help us with your best advices on this choice?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

What exactly do you want to know? Do you need hotel suggestions? Attractions/what do do information? Area information? Please tell us about you, what you're looking for, which activities you enjoy, and what type of accomodations you prefer so we can give you the best advise.

Bucharest
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

My main concern regards the weather at the end of July. I know it is the hurricane season, but how is the weather than? What will we be able to do during the rainy season?

We are not the lazy types to lay in a resort. We would like to walk around and discover interesting places, food, activities... So any suggestions would be welcomed!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

Hurricane activity usually begins at the end of August. Don't worry about the weather. July is normally a very hot and dry month.

As far as what to do, exploring Old San Juan is a must. You can rent a car for a few days and drive to El Yunque rainforest, which is also a popular attraction. A day trip to Ponce (another historic city) is also worth a visit. You can stop at Guavate for roasted pork on your way to/from Ponce.

You should also consider visiting the Vieques and/or Culebra islands for a day or 2.

You have plenty of time to do tons of things in PR. Let us know what you would like to see/do and we'll help you come up with an itinerary.

Champaign, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

I am also visiting Puerto Rico for my honeymoon July 24th-July 28th, then flying to St. Thomas until the 30th. I was concerned with the weather as well. I have been to San Juan and went kayaking on the bioluminescent bay and it was romantic and beautiful, I am definitley taking my fiance there.

Paris7002: Do you have any suggestions for things to visit in Puerto Rico at that time? We would like to do anything active, fun and interesting!

Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,662 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

We are also considering PR for part of our honeymoon in early Sept. We would spend a few nights then fly to another island for a few days. Happy planning!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

Well we're traveling to PR at the end of July but not for our honeymoon, it's for our 20th anniversary. We are planning a snorkeling trip, Ziplining in the rainforest, a day or 2 in San Juan, Culebra, a day at Toro Verde, and maybe a day to relax on the beach. We rented a Grand Cherokee for the whole week for $140 and staying in Dorado. I recommend doing all the research you can, even going to the library and checking out or buying books about Puerto Rico. The Biobay shouldn't be missed if you can go. We're a little far so I'm not sure if it will fit into our trip. Don't forget the Bacardi Rum factory also. Have fun!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
909 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

No one can predict mother nature. All I can say it is very risky traveling at the end of July. Honeymoon is a special moment and it should be special without disappointment.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,814 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

That is why they offer trip insurance. Get one to cover hurricanes. One less worry.

My problem with July is that is it very busy (most locals take off then).

North Wales...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

You should be ok as far as hurricanes, but July is most definitely not a dry time especially the end. It tends to rain everyday though they are usually quick heavy showers & it is extremely humid.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How about Puerto Rico for a honeymoon, end of Juy?

Dry? Not really.

We received 27.4" of rain at the edge of El Yunque in July 2010.