We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richie's in Rio Grande

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Richie's in Rio Grande

We will be celebrating our 8th year anniversary of Monday, May 16th. We would like to dine at Richie's in Rio Grande. Anyone have thoughts about this?

Thank you,

Ronnie

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Ritchies has an outdoor woden terrace with breathtaking views. Watching the sunset there is very nice and romantic. However, it is as expensive as any hotel restaurant and I personally think their food is not worth the cost. They can get away with it becauase of their view. Therefore, if you are looking for a romantic view, this is the place. If you like to eat well you could look someplace else. I think Ritchies is a great romantic place for coctails.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Yeah- we go just before the sunset, to get a table at the edge and catch the views. Love the change from day to night. Food is good, but nothing super special.

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Thanks for your replies so far, do you have any other recommendations outside of the San Juan area with great food, great views and nice.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Keep an eye on the weather. You go to Richie's for the view, and when its not rainy or very windy, it is almost worth the extra few bucks a plate Richie charges for dinner. If the weather is marginal, go to plan B. The views from the terrace at the El Conquistador are an option. If budget is not a problem, the new Bahia Beach resort is beautiful and I have heard that the Fern restaurant there is pretty good, though we haven't tried it yet.

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Any other suggestions out there, we are leaving on Saturday and our anniversary is on Monday, May 16th. Thanks...

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

If you are in the Rio Grande area, Tempo at the Gran Melia Hotel is the nicest setting for a classy, romantic dinner. Make sure to make a reservation because it is often full. It doesn't have a view itself, but the setting at the Gran Melia is beautiful and worth seeing and the prices are in accordance with a good restaurant but not over the top.

If you still want to go to Richie's for the view, go for drinks and perhaps starters, it is close by as the crow flies. Richie runs a shuttle between the Gran Melia and his place which uses a private back road which is 5 minutes (otherwise 10-15 min via Rt 3). If you use the shuttle park at Gran Melia and take the shuttle round trip. Call Richies in advance or see the Concierge at Gran Melia. Richie will picks up as far as San Juan which helps explain his prices.

Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

Thank you for your responses so far. I forgot to mention that I prefer Island cuisine.

8. Re: Richie's in Rio Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 15:16