We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming PR trip questions

Grand Rapids...
2 posts
Save Topic
Upcoming PR trip questions

Hey everybody. Me and my wife will be going to PR for the first time for our second anniversary. We will be flying out on the 22nd of this month. (Sunday-Saturday) I just have a few questions on some of the aspects of the trip.

1.) We want to do a biobay tour, probably with East Island Excursions. Do we have to do that in advance or will it be pretty easy planning it once we get there?

2.) Anybody know any good spots for some snorkeling? It's something that I always wanted to do and I want to make sure I do it right. Who are some good people/businesses on the island that can help me with this?

3.) We are planning to take the ferry to Culebra to go to Flamenco beach but if for some reason we don't, what beaches do some of you prefer that are similar to Flamenco that is on the main island?

4.) We are staying in the San Juan Park hotel. We read that there is no parking for this hotel and if you have a car, you have to use the Caribe Hilton's parking lot, which is a whopping $15 a day (correct me if I'm wrong). Does anybody know if there is possibly any off the street parking by the hotel? I'm not trying to pay that much just to park.

I thank everyone in advance for your answers. I have been smooching off this website for a while and this my first time I have posted anything. I appreciate all help I can get.

Spread Eagle II
Sightseeing Tours
Salty Dog Catamaran
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Fun Cat Catamaran
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Jersey City, NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

To answer question # 2, we always go with Spread Eagle II out of Fajardo for a great day of snorkeling and lunch and relaxation on the way back.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

If you do the biobay with East Island, you can also do their Eastwind catamaran snorkel trip. I believe the give a discount when you do more than 1 of their excursions.

Grand Rapids...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

Thanks for your answers. Anybody that can help me with the other 3 questions?

Edited: 10 May 2011, 17:05
San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

3) you will not see white sandy beaches in the mainland like you do in the island of Culebra or Vieques. I like the beach in Luquillo, it is a good alternative. 1 hour plus from San Juan.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

3) you will not see white sandy beaches in the mainland like you do in the island of Culebra or Vieques. I like the beach in Luquillo, it is a good alternative. 1 hour plus from San Juan.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

If you already know which night you want to do the biobay with EIE, book it now, being mindful of their cancellation policy (24 hours before the trip, I believe).

For the best snorkeling, head away from the main island. Head to one of the small out-island to the east (accessed by the previously-mentioned catamaran companies). Or plan on snorkeling during your side trip to Culebra (Flamenco beach and/or Carlos Rosario).

There are also companies like EIE and Kayaking Puerto Rico that run one-day snorkeling trips out of Fajardo to Culebra.

You can check our blog http://www.PuertoRicoDayTrips.com for details on these, and much more!

Edited: 10 May 2011, 17:44
7. Re: Upcoming PR trip questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 04:16