We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental Question

NC
Level Contributor
96 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental Question

I am looking to rent a SUV/Minivan/or full size car from June 18-23. I have been bidding on Priceline with no luck. I would like to pick up and drop off at the airport - SJU....any advice on how to get best rate? Thank you!

Atlantic City, New...
Level Contributor
342 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental Question

Try other sites besides priceline. Hotwire, etc. or the rental companies directly & compare rates.

I've gotten the best rates w/ Enterprise, but things could change season to season.

I'm not sure which rental companies have offices directly AT the airport. Most have a airport shuttle that take you to their office within minutes of the airport.

Edited: 05 June 2011, 12:50
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,901 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental Question

Buy an Entertainment Book. The car rental coupons in there are valid in Puerto Rico, even if they're not cut from the Puerto Rico version of the book.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental Question

Have a look at Charlie Car Rental:

http://www.charliecars.com/

Best prices here on the island, great service.

midwest
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental Question

We'll be dropping our rented minivan off at the airport on the 18th after a week rental. We have reservations at chalie car. I can't comment on service or quality yet but the prices for a minivan were by far the best available

5. Re: Car Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 20:17